• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two instances of Photoshop CC 2018 running at the same time? (MacOS 10.12.6)

Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a A

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you want it and can't have it, or it happens but you don't want it, or something else entirely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A week ago, I upgraded to the new CC 2018. After the upgrades were all done, I dumped all Library items and other such "left over" data from my Mac. After that all works well except that twice now, I noticed that opening a new .psd document will open Photoshop CC 2018 again (?) although the second instance starts up with the "factory-set", default Preferences. In short, I have observed two (2) Photoshops (both CC 2018) running at the same time (but I only have one Photoshop installed on my single-account Mac). VERY odd. Incidentally, Acrobat (which was not updated) has done the same thing a couple of times, also with factory defaults.

I'd appreciate your comments.

Thank you. A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirming this is happening on my installation of CC 2018 as well. This occurs in Photoshop, Indesign, and Illustrator. I have installed it on a brand new MacBook Pro 2017 15 inch with a Wacom Cintiq 16inch. It seems to be some type bug, def one I never come across in all my Adobe years. Looking forward to any solution to this on a backend side.

To make my files open in one instance of the program I have to manually locate the file in finder and drag it into the current window. Hope this tip helps anyone that is running into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you see two Photoshop icons in the dock? Or just one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two and they both lead to the same app in the apps folder. This does not happen every time I open a file, however. It has happened exactly twice or not enough times for me to detect a pattern. I know that the second time I noticed the behavior, I had opened an all vector PDF with Photoshop using the Finder's contextual "Open With" menu (and selecting Photoshop from there). Thanks. A.C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an external drive hooked to your mac that has a time machine backup or another mac os that includes a copy of photoshop cc 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VERY good tip, Jeff, but no, I do not use time machine with this system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines