• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still not understanding Photoshop and touch screens

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never attempted to do anything with Photoshop on a touch screen so I never realized this was an issue.. but I just got a stylus thinking it would help my work. I can't do anything with it on the canvas, though. Clicking from layer to layer, choosing a tool, and clicking on the menu options work with the stylus but as soon as I try to draw or anything else, it doesn't respond. Am I reading correctly that only certain laptops/tables work? I'm not the most tech savvy person, so easy to understand language, please!

PS. I have an ASUS flipbook and a Lenovo flip and a Mixoo sylus. It doesn't work on either laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like those combination don't work. PS will work with other touchscreens and styli, such as Microsoft's Surface Pro laptops. PS will work as you described on those other touchscreens with finger gestures, so it sounds like PS, or your OS, or whatever drivers you're using isn't recognizing that what you're using is a stylus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you could look at Preferences > Tools > Gestures.

Windows systems need 8.1 or 10 for gestures to work, but I would thing that you are bound to have Windows 10.

Touch gestures in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck, Trevor,

I am trying to answer a similar question: Is it possible to use PS CC with a Wacom pen tablet and a Multi touch monitor at the same time. 

E.g., with my right hand I'm drawing with a pen on the tablet and with my left I'm controlling PS via the multi-touch monitor concurrently.

The best response I got was "it should work..." in the below thread.

Which is great and heartwarming, until you buy a $5k monitor and... it doesn't work.

Re: Multi-Touch Screen for PS CC 2015. Will it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2019 Feb 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same issue. I have a Planar HD touch screen monitor and was advised to acquire a capacitive stylus. I am also operating in Windows 10. I dealt with adobe IT for two hours where he saw that neither the stylus, nore my finger would work for the paint and drawing tools,  then he closed out the work order with no result. On the off chance I tried it with the paint tool in Illustrator and it works! I opened, rastrized and saved the Photoshop file as a psd and now I'm cooking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines