• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from LR6 Perpetual to LR Classic CC... Questions

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently a LR6 standalone perpetual license user.  Now that this software will not be supported by Adobe in the future, I am considering updating to LR Classic CC (with the intent of storing files locally on my computer and editing locally).  I have some questions...

1.  If I upgrade to the monthly subscription of $10/mo., will this automatically delete my existing LR6 perpetual license standalone version of the software on my C Drive or will it just update the existing software?

2.  What happens to my existing LR6 standalone photo catalog?  Will it be converted or replaced so it can be used with the updated LR Classic CC?  Note:  I use a single catalog for all of my photos.

3.  I do not want to store photos on the Adobe CC (Cloud).  I currently store all photos on my local system which along with all other computer files gets automatically backed up daily to the Carbonite Cloud.  Will this current set-up be problematic by updating to LR Classic CC?

4.  When signing up for LR Classic CC, which exact option do I select on the Adobe site?  I do not need their 1TB backup service as I will be backing up to the Carbonite Cloud.

Your feedback on the above questions will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Larry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

1. It will leave your LR6 alone. It can still be used.

2. Your LR6 catalog will be copied and upgraded. The upgraded catalog can not be used with LR6 afterwards.

3. LR Classic CC is a desktop centric solution which does not (even can't) store originals to the cloud.

4. It's up to you if you need 1TB. As far as I 'read' what your need  and like to have, I suspect you don't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It will leave your LR6 alone. It can still be used.

2. Your LR6 catalog will be copied and upgraded. The upgraded catalog can not be used with LR6 afterwards.

3. LR Classic CC is a desktop centric solution which does not (even can't) store originals to the cloud.

4. It's up to you if you need 1TB. As far as I 'read' what your need  and like to have, I suspect you don't need it.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it relates to item 2, will there be a legacy LR Catalog in tact to still use with LR 6 stand alone perpetual license program (after upgrading to LR Classic CC)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old 6.0 catalog file remains unchanged.

The data is migrated to a new, separate, 7.0 catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you F. McLion for the quick and helpful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question... I use the SmugMug plug-in in the legacy stand alone LR6, is this same plug in capability for SmugMug also available in the new LR Classic CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same plug-ins are still available and it possibly works. However, on the download page it does not yet show as compatible with LR Classic CC (7), as most don't. If it does not work you may have to wait for it to be updated.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines