• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change/delete the photo on PS starting screen/page?

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry guys, but it is ugly, really, and not whatsoever inspiring.  I'd prefer the old one with flower or nothing at all.

I mean the newest PS version with a bluish pinkish woman popping up at starting.

Please, help to get rid of it.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GMMaria,

You can do the feature request for customizing the splash screen in PS CC 2018: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Also, you can refer the feedback link for more updates: Photoshop: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of removing manual you are proposing me to join a two years of the fruitless discussion or unaccountable dustbin of wishes. You must be kidding? Yeah... But if it is an official Adobe position, OK, I got it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't speak for Adobe, but I suspect Adobe marketing wouldn't want you to customise this. And marketing call the shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And by the way, if you want a change you use the Feature Request form. Even, especially, if it is much discussed, because numbers are counted, and your "vote" might make a difference. A tip: if you are rude or dismissive, you will get nowhere. Say how charming the existing stuff is, and give your business case for customising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A no name person preaches good manners. Do you think what it really solves problem?

And meanwhile fat cats drink coffee and expect niceties for useless infos which, by the way, took 12 days to extract.

In the reply they even had no courage/or knowledge/or respect to their customers to tell directly that they expect no changes to the issue in question. Instead I was redirected into a dead end. Isn't it nice?

I guess that feeding bureaucracy with niceties brings only more bureaucracy. People, stop being nice with them. Make them run and work for the money we pay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A request for a modifiable splash screen is probably a non-starter. They removed that option specifically some years ago, because it was misused.

However, a request for an option to hide the splash screen altogether might get more traction. Lightroom already has that.

I'm all for it. I agree that the "artwork" on the splash screen is amateurish and, well, awful. I've no idea what they were thinking when they started this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, D Fosse. I was already was thinking I'll get nothing here.

Do you have a link to the request or to the info on option to hide the splash screen in Lightroom? Since it is still same Adobe company, may be a decision might come through LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom it's just a checkbox in Preferences. And that's how it could be done in PS as well.

Lrprefs.png

Here's where you post feature requests and bug reports:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Oh, and BTW, I happen to agree with Test Screen Name. Talk nicely to people, and they'll want to help you. You get back what you give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. At least one is done with.

I don't mind being nice with people, but it takes input from both sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'll be interested to hear how your strategy works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines