• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Hard Drive not visible as scratch disk

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Apple. I have had to reformat my external hard drives to ExFat as I need to work across both operating systems. After the update to Photoshop CC 2018, my external hard drive is not visible in the scratch disk any longer.  Any idea how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get another external hard drive and format it suitably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem is its a new hard drive. only a few months old

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still. I suppose you could format it as two partitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of system drive? How big?

You may not need an external scratch disk at all, if the system drive has enough capacity - and you keep your working archive elsewhere. With spinning drives the general advice was to have a separate scratch disk, but SSDs changed the rules and there's no particular reason to do that now.

In any case, an external 250GB SSD isn't all that expensive nowadays. Of course, there's a limit to how many external drives you want to keep track of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines