Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording does not capture sound from a Video

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a full screen recording and part of the recording is opening a video file (WMV file) but after the recording when I play-back the file I've notice that the sound that coming from the video that was opened was not recorded only the video itself no sound eventhough my speaker is already loud enough.

What do you think is the problem? Thanks.

Eric
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric

I don't believe Captivate can capture that kind of audio. But how about a workaround?

Head over to the link below:
http://www.applian.com/sound-recorder

Download and install the FreeCorder application. (It's free!) Then record the audio separately and just add it to your Captivate project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

What is the "System Audio" option from the Audio Settings when you click Audio->Settings and you will see that from the "Input Source" group box. In my machine, System Audio option is disabled, I think this option will allow me to record the voice of the video that I am going to record but maybe my sound card is not supported since this option is disabled.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello again

Indeed Captivate does offer the option to record system audio. But as you have seen, it is a bit dependent upon the capabilities of your audio hardware. That's why I suggested using FreeCorder. I have no clue how it manages to capture audio where something like Captivate is unable, but I'm just happy it works. At least it works for me.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources