• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Stacking Issue, cannot stack more than two photos

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When saving edited photos, Lightroom Classic will not add more than two photos to a stack. If saving a third edit the new edit appears in the stack, but the old edit is kicked out. As a result I can only have two photos in a stack, unless I add them manually. It worked properly before the recent updates to Classic etc. Does anyone else have this problem, and can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Hi All,

We have released an update for Lightroom Classic CC which is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1. Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to face this issue.

Here's a list of new features, enhancements, support for new cameras lenses and bug fixes :-

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean Export with 'Add to Stack' checked,

I'm seeing a more serious issue!

If I export to JPEG with FileName-1.jpg it file is stacked with the original file. If I then export a 2nd JPEG file with FileName-2.jpg it is stacked with the original. The 1st JPEG file (FileName-1.jpg) becomes unstacked and appears as the last picture at the end of Grid view. Changing Sort Order to Capture Time or File Name or A>Z, Z>A has no effect. The file remains in the end position of Grid View as the last picture.

If I export a 3rd file (FileName-3.jpg) it is stacked with the original and the FileName-2.jpg appears at the end of the Grid view below FileName-1.jpg. If I right-click on the original file (1 of 2) and select 'Stacking>Unstack' all of the files appear together as expected. Very strange behavior!

I checked LR CC 2015.12 using the same image file in the same folder structure and it behaves normally as expected with all files stacked below the original.

I'm on Windows 7 running LR Classic 7.0.1. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo.

I have the same problem and the numbers of the stack photos aren't correct because they are named as 1 of 2 and 3 of 2. A little bit confuseing.

But the larger problem is the stacking of only two pictures. Somebody any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using and where does the 3rd export file appear in the Grid view with Capture Time and Filename Sort order? In my case only one (1) file can be stacked with the original (Original>Last Export File) and all other stacked exports appear at the end of Grid view as the last picture.

2017-10-31_11-07-49.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same as you, all other stacked exports appear at the end of the grid view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd

I can duplicate your exact scenarlo on Classic and OSX 10.13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I'll create a problem report and place the link back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem report has been posted at the below link. Please add your Me Too' vote and 'Follow' for updates.

Lightroom Classic 7.0 Stacking Issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall seeing other reports here about weird stacking behavior with Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do! Thanks for doing that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd

This becomes even stranger for me.  If I export a CR2 and "Add to Stack"/"Below Original" the above scenario you describe happens.

If I export a CR2 and "Add To Stack"/"Above Original" than on the second export there becomes FOUR thumbnails all next to each other.   There are TWO CR2 files with the same name that point to the exact same photo on disk when I use "Show in Finder".  There are TWO JPG files with different names with each stacked with a different CR2 thumbnail (they are actually the same file).  If I remove one of the JPG files then the "phantom" CR2 is also removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I can confirm the same behavior on my system. Can you please post this (copy & paste is fine) at the problem report link. That will help to get Adobe's attention. Thank you!

Lightroom Classic 7.0 Stacking Issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The same as for you. Only the first exported file is stacked. The additional exported files are to be found at the end of the grid view. This is valid for every sorting option, it remains at the end.

I am working with Windows 7 (incl. all updates) on a PC. The other programs as PS CC 2018 are working normal (up to now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, export with add to stack checked. I am getting exactly what you are getting. I'm on Windows 10 running Lightroom Classic 7.01

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having stacking issues in Lightroom Classic CC after updating. Previously I was able to export a RAW NEF file with the new JPG file added below, and then export a second exported JPG file again, adding additional settings, name, and a watermark with the same "add below original" - creating a stack of three with the RAW NEF as the top of a stack of 3.

Now it's creating a stack within the stack. With original selected pressing the "S" key or menu "Expand all Stacks" only expands the original from the first export with its own stack icon square with a 2 in a box but not the additional watermarked file. Selecting the Exported file with a "2" in the expanded stack and pressing the "S" key only collapses the stack. Only by selecting the first exported JPG file and using the menu "Expand all Stacks" on can I again see the three associated files. Suffice to say my process has now required an additional menu step to view/edit. More laboriously: Switching to view by capture time, Ungrouping the stack, Selecting in the proper order, then regrouping as a stack of the 3 images, then switching back to View by Rating each time I create a watermarked third file.

It seems the export option "Below Original" now stacks the second export of my first export (without watermark etc) to the first exported JPG (no watermark) instead of the "Original" NEF RAW file into a group of 3 associated images as the previous version of Lightroom CC did before it became "Classic".

While viewing by Rating the files unstack out of order: Final JPG w/watermark, Original NEF, Exported JPG. Switching to Capture time displays them as: Original, Exported, Watermark. Expanding the stack within a stack requires extra clicking/menu hunting and is hardly intuitive. Only by ungrouping stack and regrouping as a stack of 3 can I view them as I had in the past.

The confused order when viewing by rating which switches them around and required extra workarounds has me pulling my hair out when the previous version conveniently left them in a single stack in the order of creation even when viewing by rating - allowing me to more easily edit, export, and watermark my images without many, many more keystrokes and mouse clicks. I have permanent nerve damage from a repetitive strain injury earned from a lifetime of computer use — added user interface interactions like this make my life more painful. I'm trying to figure out some macro shortcuts to avoid some of this clunkiness but mostly I've just become frustrated by the new "feature". Though there may be some usefulness to stacks within stacks this has made my life far more difficult.

PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe staff do not normally read these posts. Please add your comments at the below problem report. Adobe has acknowledged this as an issue and is working on a solution. Thank you.

Lightroom Classic 7.0: Stacking Issue | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released an update for Lightroom Classic CC which is Lightroom Classic CC 7.1. Please update to the latest version from the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know if you continue to face this issue.

Here's a list of new features, enhancements, support for new cameras lenses and bug fixes :-

New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the note, it's now working again here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines