Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lr to Ps or Lr to Ai

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I've been using Lr for a few years to process images for my businesses social media. I include a basic text/graphic overlay to get the message across to those scrolling through their feeds without pause to read posts. My workflow has been to process in Lr, export to jpeg, open Ai template, place jpeg, edit & position text, export to png.

I would like to revisit these workflows to see if I can achieve the same outcomes more efficiently.

I really should have more experience with Ps than I do at this point in my life. regardless...

Can I setup the edit in Ps option in Lr so that it opens into a template? I would like the export to open into document with my graphic/text layer ready to go, so all I have to do is edit the text & export it for instagram.

These aer a couple of examples of the end goal:

Instagram

Instagram

As you can see the overlay is really simple.

Any suggestions welcome, thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

You can add text and a logo using the print to file feature in Lr as Chuck explains, but the text editing options are very limited.

Have you played with Adobe Spark Post? It is designed for social media graphics like what you are creating. If you put images in a collection that is synced with Lr Mobile you can use them directly in Spark without having to export anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this in Lr. You don’t need Ps or Ai. Create PNG files of your overlay logos, and then use those as custom watermarks in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave Cross did that at MAX a while ago. I was scrambling to learn how to do it. Not a big LR user, but the technique Theresa mentioned would be perfect for your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

It's my understanding that a .png in Lr (or anywhere else) doesn't allow you to edit text, tracking etc ?

Basic text editing combined with .png logo would be fantastic. I just don't see that as possible in Lr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, it's a print feature in LR, and you can only print to the printer or jpg file, so it's baked in, but not in the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add text and a logo using the print to file feature in Lr as Chuck explains, but the text editing options are very limited.

Have you played with Adobe Spark Post? It is designed for social media graphics like what you are creating. If you put images in a collection that is synced with Lr Mobile you can use them directly in Spark without having to export anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks folks. I'll have a look & see how I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines