• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC running slow

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is running very slow opening up PDF files. The version of Acrobat I am using is 2017.012.20098. I'm using an Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB's of RAM and a Windows 10 OS. I have already tried a lot of the suggestions posted on the forum but nothings worked so far.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottm,

As per the description above, the Acrobat Reader DC is running slow in Windows 10 operating system, Is that correct?

Please try to repair the installation files of Acrobat Reader DC from Help>Repair installation.

You may also try to reset the preferences, follow the steps from How to reset Preference settings in Acrobat.

You can also check the steps in adobe reader DC slow (Acrobat Reader)

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all three of those suggestions and it did not make anything faster. Is there anything else I can do for this? Would a re-install be an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating.  It takes forever to open Acrobat DC.  And then, I can sort of navigate the menus, but even that is slow (think 6 million dollar man special effects slow).  It took around 5-10 MINUTES to get the preferences dialogue.  Your link to is also shite as it doesn't go anywhere.  I'm just livid right now! WTF is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scottm,

Please remove the Acrobat Reader using the Adobe Acrobat cleaner tool: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Restart the computer, and then reinstall the Reader: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same issue with the identical version.  In Reader Preferences > Security (Enhanced), try un-ticking the option to enable enhanced security at start up.  Not ideal, but addressed the large number of issues this has been causing our user base over the last few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, the difference is amazing. I would open in Acrobat Pro and sometimes files refused to open, I would have to double click 10 times, try to open Acrobat then open the file and still takes awhile. Turned off Enhanced Security and it opens right away. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

il mio reader DC era lentissimo all'apertura di qualunque file.

Da preferenze -> Protezione (avanzata) -> tolto la spunta da "Abilita la protezione avanzata"

nulla è cambiato.

Aggiornamento

Ho provato a disattivare le anteprime delle icone in Explorer,

Rinunciando alla funzione il programma gira molto piu veloce.

Da preferenze -> Generali -> tolto la spunta da "Abilita anteprima con miniature PDF in Windows Explorer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"un-ticking the option to enable enhanced security at start up" worked in my pc and I have solved my problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are the real winner today! This was like night and day. Opening Adobe went from 10 minutes to 10 seconds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

came here to say this is the correct answer too! THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spireman,

Please refer to the troubleshooting steps from the following link: adobe reader DC slow (Acrobat Reader)

Are you trying to open the PDF files from a network drive?

Response awaited.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader DC running too slow. I updated my version, repaired installation; uninstalled and installed; restarted the PC many times... but still slow.

I followed the tip above, and it'worked:

Edit > Preferences : inside Sandbox Protection, un-tick Enable Protected Mode at startup.

Something is very wrong with the Sandbox Protections.

It's making the whole Reader DC runs too slowly. It takes about 10 minutes to open a pdf page.

What is causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominique5DFC,

We're sorry to know that Protected Mode didn't work well for you and we'd like to fix it. Can you please let us know if you any anti-virus is installed on your system or are you using any plugin. Please let us know your configuration details to enable us identify the root cause of the issue.

Thanks,

Shagufta 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. The latest update has been released for both Acrobat and Reader: http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Please try installing the update and let us know the behavior.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how much help this will be but I was having a similar issue. mainly however when opening files from network storage. I noticed that hyperthreading was not enabled on the machine and so set out to do so for another reason. This has since fixed an issue when PDFs were taking >30s to load and now load only after a short download time <4s. I cannot begin to think why this would be an issue but it did appear to be, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Single page files are still opening very slowly. None of the right menus/left tab open right away when you click them - they take foreover to open.

This is the slowest running program on my machine.

Quad core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed it sometimes hangs when I try to load a PDF file. And it'll hang again when I try to move around within the document or zoom in to view a detailed drawing. My machine is top spec i7 like many of you here. Ridiculous! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Acrobat Standard 2017 with latest updates.  Fixed installation problems and went through the steps above and still having this thing run dog slow trying to do anything in certain files.  Have a 144mb file open now and it takes ages to do stuff in it.  i7, 16G of ram, nothing else running. Task manager shows Acrobat taking up 18-25% CPU and 800mb+ of ram non-stop with it open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same issue in 2022.003.20263

It’s quite slow

The specs of my machine as per the screenshot below

Ver frustrating

Clip_571.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines