Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Path to Certification

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2016 Aug 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I am going to be studying for my certifications for Print and Web. I am interested in hearing people's ideas on the best path of study. I was going to order in Classroom in a Book, but I was also am curious about Lynda.com and other published books that you might suggest.

Thank you for your time,

Dave

P.S. I could not find a good forum for this post, so I thought I would start here and move forward.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of certifications and to what end? Just curious - I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor and don't recommend it. I also discourage my students from becoming an ACE unless there is a clear advantage for you like a job or money. The tests are not fun and are expensive.

The classroom in a book series is great - you want to order each book for each app. Going through them on your own is tedious - I use them to teach.  Lynda.com is awesome. You might also consider taking a class - I teach one on one online.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa

How do I become an ACI? I am a Photoshop ACE and have been teaching for 15 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this will help you.

http://www.gocertify.com/certifications/adobe/adobe-aci.html

Initial Requirements:

You must show you have an instructor qualification ( a teaching credential, passed the CompTIA CTT+, or equivalent), have passed one or more ACE exams, and accept the terms and conditions of the ACI program. There is no fee to apply to be an ACI. Training is available but not required.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin. Why do you want to become an ACI? I let my certification lapse in June of this year. It was a not a pleasant experience for me. So, if it will get you more jobs, make you more money, go for it. If not, skip it. Become an ACP instead. I can hook you up with the person that runs the ACP program if you like.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I teach at Adobe Authorized Training Centers (AATC), where being an ACI is still required.

Currently I see there is a BOGO offer on the ACE exams. After you take your first, you have been able to get a discount code from the Partners for subsequent exams (unique for each exam).

Adobe :: Pearson VUE

To become an ACI (Adobe Certified Instructor), you need the ACE (Adobe Certified Expert) plus CTT (Certified Technical Trainer).
CTT+ (Plus) Certification | CompTIA IT Certifications

You need to take the CTT once and stay current on the ACE exams.

Is it worth it? Yes, in my humble opinion, because the AATCs near me require it. It also lists me in the Partner Finder, and people find me there and contact me for jobs. You can search by location, expertise, name, etc., for instructors who have passed Adobe's rigorous exams and for Adobe Authorized Training Centers, many of which offer online options even if they are not in your area or even on your continent.

Adobe Partner Finder | Adobe Training & Certification

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin, I run the AATC and ACI programs for Adobe and believe there is value in both! You can find info on benefits and requirements here: Adobe Training Partner Portal Program. Feel free to reach out to me directly at alwin@adobe.com. I'm happy to chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines