• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is not available when using CC packager to create package with serial number

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my understanding, XD is part of Creative Cloud for Enterprise now. When I try to create a package with serial number by CC packager, I don't see XD available. Any idea or advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

XD only supports Named Licensing when using CC Packager.  Please refer to this section of the FAQ:

"Can customers use a serial number to deploy Adobe XD for offline use?

Adobe XD does not support offline deployment with a CCE serial number. Customers must use named licensing deployment to access Adobe XD. We currently support all three identity types (Adobe ID, Enterprise ID, and Federated ID)."

Find answers to frequently asked questions on download, install, setup, and upgrade of Adobe XD on Mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD only supports Named Licensing when using CC Packager.  Please refer to this section of the FAQ:

"Can customers use a serial number to deploy Adobe XD for offline use?

Adobe XD does not support offline deployment with a CCE serial number. Customers must use named licensing deployment to access Adobe XD. We currently support all three identity types (Adobe ID, Enterprise ID, and Federated ID)."

Find answers to frequently asked questions on download, install, setup, and upgrade of Adobe XD on M...

Hope this helps,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I work for LaGuardia Community College, which is part of City University of New York. We need to deploy Adobe XD CC to one of our Mac computer lab. Because I cannot create XD package with serial number, I created a name licensed package. After installed the name licensed package, I ran the serialize file but it still ask for sign in. Since it is for lab use and students do not have license to sign in, we need to use the serial number option. Please advise.

Thank you,

Siu

Siu Tin

Software Support Manager

Instructional Services and Media Distribution

LaGuardia Community College

30-20 Thomson Ave, B-127

Long Island City, NY 11101

Office: 718-482-6143

Mobile: 347-203-9132

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He Siu,

Take a look at this doc - Plan your Adobe Enterprise deployment  (named license section).

There might be something you are missing, please check and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush,

We are using Adobe ID for our faculty and staff users. We are an educational institution, so users have more freedom in managing their own software need. We have no plan, at least in near future, to move to Enterprise ID or Federated ID. Anyway, our named license does not include students and this is why we use the serial number license for all the labs.

I guess at this point I just need a confirmation stating serial number option will not work in XD, if that is the case.

Thank you,

Siu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siu,

To be precise, below is the statement from a member of the concerend team.

"XD, Dimension, and the new Lightroom are all named-user only applications and are not yet available for installation in multi-user lab and classroom environments (unless every user has their own license). We are currently not offering a “device” license or “serial” option for these apps but Adobe is actively working on a solution."

I hope this answers your query. 

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can i expect the serial license option for Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it breach our license if I install XD as a standalone alongside our CC 2018 serial license installation? Students could then create and use their own personal Adobe ID for using XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked with our internal team, and while this doesn't breach the license, the setups are incompatible and would actually cause problems for your setup. XD unfortunately is only supported in fully named-user situations. I'd recommend you chat with your Adobe rep about your issue to make sure they have you on their radar. (And thank you so much for your interest in bringing XD into your classroom!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush,

I must be posting in the wrong forum can you answer this question?

Adobe XD has been out officially since Nov. 1st so...

Can you install Adobe XD in a Macintosh computer lab - multiple users at the university level?

We have the most recent version of CC and have no trouble with the rest of the suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines