Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Cintiq Pen Display touch feature is not working with Photoshop

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am working with a Wacom 22HD Pen Display. It is configured as a secondary extended monitor. Here is the issue:

The tablet should recognize the pen/stylus as well as finger touch. The pen seems to be working fine in Photoshop, but the finger touch is not. When I touch the screen, the cursor tracks my finger and I can select tools, but I cannot use the tools nor can I zoom, scroll, or rotate using my fingers. The kicker is that everything works fine when I'm in other programs (like Acrobat).

I have updated the drivers (multiple times...) as instructed by Wacom Support, but to no avail. They also told me that the configuration that I want (extended monitor with the tablet as the secondary and the ability to use pen and touch) is not possible... which is a lie because I have used it like this before. Over the summer (these tablets belong to a university lab), there were Wacom driver updates available (and maybe some Windows updates, I'm not sure) that probably caused the tablet to stop working 100% (meaning the touch feature...everything else works as it's supposed to). They then suggested that the problem may be in Photoshop itself--that there may be some sort of preference or setting that I need to change.

I am running Photoshop 2017. I updated one computer to test to see if I just needed to update Photoshop. It's not working on 2015 or 2017. I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem silly but have you checked the Photoshop preferences to ensure "Gestures are enabled"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are enabled. But on or off, it doesn't help. Thanks, though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gesture support is on Win 8 or greater.

Touch gestures in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's odd because I have used touch on this tablet and OS before without issue. Just now it seems to not be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines