• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing Smart Previews, files go missing half way through editing.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit remotely for people who live in different countries. They set up smart previews- extract a LR catalogue, compress and send to me. I work on the smart previews, export as a catalogue and send back. I was about 900 images into editing smart previews in a catalogue. I had Lightroom set to creating backups every time I exited Lightroom. Opened up my catalogue the other day to finish the last remaining 200 photos. All of a sudden photos are missing . When clicking the exclamation mark I get the pop up box of could not be found because the original file could not be found. I can't click Locate, as I do not have the originals on my computer, they are on my clients computer. I do realize if the original files are moved or renamed LR thinks they are missing. I have asked my client if she touched her originals. She said she copied them to an external but left them where they were still. I find it unlikely that my smart previews would suddenly know that her originals are changed since I'm not working on a connected internet cloud based Lightroom. Why are these files missing? I have installed a script locator to extract missing scripts. It didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?