• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2018 - AVCHD no audio

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the 2018 version and when importing AVCHD clips (via media browser) no audio tracks where recognized.

In the 2017 version (runs parallel) the import works without any problems.

As with the latest updates, there is also the problem that when opening projects of the previous version the AVCHD clips are all offline.

The old tried and tested tricks like delete mediacache, rename clip folders and rename common folders do not work.

I can re-link the clips, but then get the error message that the audio tracks are faulty and can not be imported.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Dolby audio decoding

Both Windows and OS X operating systems (Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS X .11 or above) contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Please update to the latest version of your operating sy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Creative Cloud has moved to native Operating System (OS) support for Dolby Digital decoding (reading Dolby files) and is no longer providing support for encoding (writing) Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus sound formats in the current and future releases of Creative Cloud.

Dolby audio decoding

Both Windows and OS X operating systems (Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS X .11 or above) contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Please update to the latest version of your operating system.

Dolby Audio decode support for Windows operating systems

If you run a Windows operating system on your computer, all recent versions now support some form of Operating System (OS) level decode for Dolby audio.

There are a few exceptions, though:

Older versions of Windows:

• Windows 7: Windows 7 does not include the media package required to decode AC-3. The best solution is to upgrade to Windows 10.

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as swmp above.

My Mac is already running the latest OSX (High Sierra 10.13), and the problem persists.

Does anyone know of any other solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD media (including the .MTS files contained in there) use AC3 audio tracks.

Check if you have an older A52Codec.component installed in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. Remove it as AC3/A52 codecs are build-in to macOS nowadays. After rebooting, AVCHD import should work fine again.

The third party software Perian installes this incompatible version of an AC3 codec in the components folder, so uninstalling this might have the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent,

Per your note below, I had already updated to the latest version of OSX (High Sierra 10.13) when I updated from Premiere Pro CC 2017 to 2018.  Do you have any other suggestions?

I have a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2015)

Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB;  Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Video footage was shot on a Sony HDR-AX 2000 (resulting in AVCHD footage, or .MTS files in Premiere), 1920x1080 30p (29.97 Fps).

Dolby audio decoding

Both Windows and OS X operating systems (Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS X .11 or above) contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Please update to the latest version of your operating system.

I have already tried the following with no success:

• deleting the "media cache" and "media cache file" folder contents
  • renaming both of those folders
  • renaming the Commons folder
  • creating new media cache and media cache file folders in different locations
  • opening a brand new Premiere file and importing the same footage (.mts files from AVCHD)

I am afraid of trying to re-install Premiere Pro 2017 (I've read that it doesn't work well), but would you recommend this?

When I try to open a Premiere Pro CC 2017 project in 2018, all of the media files are offline.  When I reconnect the media, it only brings in the video, not the audio.

My hands are tied -- I am unable to work on my projects until I figure out this problem.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my side I found an easy and other solution under Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13.4 :

1) Go to /Users/yourname/Library/Application support/QuickTime/

2) Remove the plugins found in the folder

3) Restart.

It worked for me.

AC3MovieImport.component or Perian.component were responsible for the issue. One of the component is probably not made for High Sierra... Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trent --

This is urgent.  I work in WIN7 in a corporate environment for a very large public utility.  Upgrading my OS in not an option.

Suddenly we are unable to use AVCHD footage.  There must be some work around or other solution.  We have many CC licenses and the upgrade to 2018 has just rendered your very expensive software useless.

And of course I am on deadline to cut videos to be distributed to 20,000 employees this week.

Who can I contact for help???

Thanks,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you contact Customer Care.

For more information, please contact Adobe Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. When I try to do that and enter my information, the only option I am given is the self-help forums. Do you have any other suggestions?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Are you in an enterprise or educational institution?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enterprise.  My software license is from my workplace, Pacific Gas and Electric. (PG&E)  Their IT department (which has been downsized and reconfigured) does not seem to have anyone who can support CC although we have multiple people within the company who have licenses.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it say dolby codec missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the difficulty! Try one of these suggestions if you've lost Dolby functionality:

1. Your simplest and best bet is to recover your CC 2017 apps as they were before you installed CC 2018. See if you can use Windows Restore to roll back the state of applications on your computer to before that time. On a Mac, you'd use Apple's Time Machine.

2. If you can't do that, then do you have a system backup or image from when you had CC 2017 installed, or perhaps it's installed on another machine? You could possibly use that backup together with the CC 2017 direct download links to get back to where you were before. At  a minimum, you'll need both the Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder apps.

3. If neither of those strategies recover a working CC 2017 for you, then you could try moving forward with CC 2018. You could use a third-party utility like Handbrake (a free open-source video transcoder) to convert your MTS/ACS files. Rename the files and reimport them into Premiere Pro. Then clear your media cache.

4. If none of the above work, then maybe consider upgrading to Windows 10 while it's still free, at least until December 31st​, and press ahead with CC 2018. Meanwhile, for Mac users, macOS upgrades are always free... Windows 8.1 or above and Mac OS 10.11 or above contain native support for Dolby decoding functions. Again, rename the applicable files and reimport them on your new setup. Then clear your media cache.

5. Going forward, when upgrading Creative Cloud apps, use 'Advanced Options' in the Desktop app to retain older CC versions rather than the default behavior, which is removing them.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but is there such a link for restoring to a Mac (OSX 12.13 High Sierra)?  Your link is for PC's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erika,

Both Windows and macOS are covered equally there... Read all the way through the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thank you so much!  I'm following it now.

So this should enable me to use 2018 with my Dolby encoded footage, without needing to do anything further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ProDesignTools,

I've followed the instructions, but have a question about this step:

- get from a previous backup (or from another not-yet-migrated computer) the "dolbycodec.framework" (located in "/Users/Shared/AdobeInstalledCodecs/1.0/" on a Mac ), and put it back there (in my case I still had the "mc_dec_dd.framework" there).

It seems I already have "dolbycodec.framework" where it is supposed to be, correct?

Screen Shot 2017-10-27 at 12.37.38 PM.png

I'm assuming this is because I re-installed 2017?  At any rate, 2018 still does not contain audio with my AVCHD video files.  Do I need to move the "dolbycodec.framework" elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option with framework didn't work for me. I have out of sync issue on some clips (it's weird that only on some). I resolve the problem by reinstalling Premiere 2017 and everything seems to be fine. I am running Windows 10 Pro latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erika,

CC 2018 is installed into a separate folder on your disk than CC 2017.

CC 2017 will use the Dolby codecs in its folder on your disk, whereas CC 2018 will use (only) the codecs that are built into Windows 8 / macOS 10.11 or higher. See:

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby​

So the bottom line is you can't make CC 2018 run with Dolby on older operating systems by copying over those files. Only CC 2017.

The only way 2018 can decode Dolby audio is with the native support built into more modern OS's, or by using a third-party tool or plug-in. See the thread I previously linked for more info.

Hope that helps clear things up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ProDesignTools,

That's very helpful, thank you. I will continue to use 2017.  But one thing: I am already running the latest OSX (High Sierra, 10.13), so I don't think it's true that native support is built into more modern OS's.  Or at least, something is still buggy.

The link you provided states: "If you run a Mac operating system on your computer, macOS 10.11 and later versions support decode for Dolby audio."

Since virtually all of our footage is shot on a camera that uses Dolby audio, I am highly motivated to find a solution so that we can begin using 2018.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, glad to help! And not sure why that's not working for you then.

But you might try stepping through this excellent resource:

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see this suggestion from Ann Bens:

"I did not have ac3 audio in CC 2018 at first.

Cleared cache but also moved the files to a different folder.

Back in business."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is Windows 10 Pro. I am able to hear audio but it's off about 30f on clips at the end of the project timeline. Since I have many cuts it's pain to fix it. The same project on previous version of Premiere was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not import AVCHD (MTS-Files) with DolbyDigital (AC3) in it any more. Premiere 2017 asks for installing dolby codec and nothing happens . Restart Premiere, import file again, again it asks for install dolby codec and so on.

As discussed in this thread:

How to restore Dolby Digital audio encoder/decoder on Windows 7?

The 2017-Version via Adobe Cloud App is modified: No Dolby Digital in it. In the provided link, there is no Premiere Pro 2017 download available.

I use Windows 10, but that seems to be indifferent for 2017 version.

- I can not use 2018er version

- My project (nearly 2000 video files most with AC3 audio coded, 90% already finished) is completely without audio now.

- 2017er version completely new installed via Adobe Cloud App does not solve the issue as described above.

Adobe really removed an important feature also in older versions of Premiere??? I sticked to Premiere since nearly 20 years, sometimes had private licensed, sometimes (like now) my office bought licenses for the team, because I wanted to use Premiere, but what happend in the last 1-2 years make me really angry: After ANY update I have new issues and spend a lot if time solving them. But this new issue  beats everything! I clearly have to rethink if I use Premiere again for the next projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Home, 1709 version

-I have installed every Media Feature Pack compatible with my OS from the official Microsoft site link that was posted here

- updated my OS to the latest version,

- installed Media Encoder CC2017 (I am currently working with Premiere 2017 and I can't update to 2018 yet because of a project I am currently working on)

And the Dolby Codec is still not working.

My MTS. files (85% of the project) appear as offline.

What else can I do?

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines