• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spot Heal Tool - Program Error Message - Photoshop CC 2018

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brand new issue that I never had prior to updating to CC 2018. I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro that I just purchased recently in August, and when I try to use my spot heal tool with it, a lot of strokes won't register whether I'm using light, heavy, or not using pressure at all. It will give me a pop-up message saying "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

This will pop up every 3-5 strokes and I have to stop my workflow to close it each time. I have only noticed this issue with the spot heal tool so far.

I have spoken to Adobe support 3 times now, one of which remote controlled my computer to help me reset preferences.

I have:

- reset my preferences multiple times through Photoshop

- updated all of my drivers for my Wacom tablet

- re-installed my driver and re-set up all of my express keys and shortcuts on my Wacom tablet

- removed and deleted preference files from my adobe library files

These "solutions" seem to solve my problem, but only for about 10 minutes and then the issue comes right back to square one.

I am completely lost on how to solve this issue, as I'm not sure now if it's an issue with my tablet, or Photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The healing brush in 2018 has all kinds of issues. The most common issue is brush lag, but I've also seen instances where it just doesn't work at all. In short, if you use the healing brush or any other content aware functions regularly, you should reinstall Photoshop 2017. You can run both 2017 and 2018 at the same time, side by side, until Adobe fixes these issues. But it's not your preferences, IMHO, it's the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had any issues with it at all - I'm on a Mac with an old Wacom tablet (from 2009).

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just completed a session with the spot healing brush without any issues.

It may be worth those having issues (and those not)  to give system details to see if there are any common factors for those affected that can be passed to Adobe.

I am using Windows 10 (version 1709) , CC2018 and Intuos Pro with driver 6.3.17-3 (windows ink set to on).

My graphics card is AMD HD7970-3GB with driver 17.10.1 and I have GPU set to "Advanced"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you use it a lot you might not see it. These are known issues though, and Adobe is working on them. On my systems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Long periods of use always show the healing brush lagging to the point it's not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using it a lot, without any issues - hence my suggestion to try and help Adobe narrow it down

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an iMac version 10.11.6 OS X El Capitan.

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB with a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. I purchased the iMac in 2012.

I use the spot heal tool very often as it is a part of my position at work.

Emily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Adobe Photoshop on Osx Sierra with an Intuos Pro Paper Edition and no issues at all.
Try to update wacom drivers.

Which OS are u on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have released an update for Photoshop which is Photoshop CC (19.0.1). This update includes many (50+) bug fixes for the top customer reported issues in 19.0. To update Photoshop CC to 19.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Photoshop CC. Please check this link for more info: Photoshop CC 19.0.1 now available | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines