• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on iOS export to Camera Roll limited to 5 megapixels or so

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exploring new features and trying some things out. Trying to figure out a way to migrate from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC.

I created a couple of collections of photos taken recently in Lightroom Classic and marked them for syncing to CC.

Do this : export a few full resolution photos taken in Camera RAW and saved in CC to Camera Roll.  Observe that exported photos are not at their maximum resolution of 21 megapixels (my Camera) and instead they are at about 5 megapixels.

Here is another mystery. Open up Lightroom CC on the Desktop (Mac in my case) and try to save one of the images as Full Sized JPEGS -- I get a message saying that original full-res RAW is not available. Hmmm... That is unsettling. I might have to stick to Lightroom Classic and my old workflow if CC mysteriously loses original RAWs uploaded just minutes ago.

Is there a way to fix this? Am I doing something wrong?

Message was edited by: Oleg Dulin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

This is indeed caused by Lightroom Classic only uploading the smart preview. This is a limitation set by Adobe. Here is a feature request asking adobe to add full raw upload to Classic: Lightroom Classic should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Photoshop Family Custome…​ that you should add your vote too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must add -- I had a few collections synced via Lightroom Mobile from Lightroom Classic over the years. None of them have RAWs available in Creative Cloud, not even the new ones I created.

I have 250 Gigs + of photos in Lightroom Classic. Inability of the Classic to upload RAWs to Creative Cloud pretty much kills Creative Cloud for me, I am sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem and I think I know why. However, I'm not sure how to fix it yet

When you sync a photo to the cloud from Lightroom Classic and edit it in Lightroom CC on your iPad, it's just editing the "smart preview which is maxing out at around 2560x1705 resolution.  Tap on the screen with two finger to cycle through the "info" on the photo you're editing, it will more than likely say 'smart preview'.  If you edit the photo on your iPad, and then let it Sync then go back to your computer with Lightroom Classic you will see the edits have been applied to the "original photo" at the full 6000x4000 resolution and you can export it at full resolution from Lightroom Classic.

I turned off the setting on Lightroom CC on my iPad "only use smart previews" to try to force it to download the original photo when I save to camera roll, but that doesn't seem to work

My guess is the only way to sync the original photo file to the cloud from Lightroom on a computer and work on it using Lightroom CC on an iPad or other device, is to use Lightroom CC on your computer not Lightroom Classic

I hope I am wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is indeed caused by Lightroom Classic only uploading the smart preview. This is a limitation set by Adobe. Here is a feature request asking adobe to add full raw upload to Classic: Lightroom Classic should be able to Sync full raw files to the cloud, not just smart previews | Phot...​ that you should add your vote too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines