• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2018 CC Not all brushes Visible on screen but are there.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS 2018 CC:  

When I go to settings where it previously showed  ALL  my brushes (I have a lot of brushes) It now stops at the brush names beginning with the letter P.

The cursor will continue to move to the right off the screen, indicating the program knows the other brushes are there, but they are not visible on screen. 

I am using a Wacom Cintiq Companion that has a small screen, about 13".  I did NOT have this problem with PS 2017 CC.  All the brushes are loaded into PS 2018.  My question is how do I make them all visible?

PS 2018 BRUSH SCREEN.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Hi Darlene,

This issue was included in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out.

Thank you,

Hannah

P.S. The default setting when upgrading is to Remove Old Versions of Photoshop. If you do not wish to do that, click Advanced and uncheck this preference (see screenshots below)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to reproduce this here. What OS is this on? Is this a dual monitor setup? Have you tried clearing Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it show up that way immediately after launch or is it predicated on saving any brush sets out? Also, can you supply a screenshot of your Presets/Brushes folder hierarchies for both the application and the default user locations.

Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Brushes

Users/<user name>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It starts up this way.  Her are a couple screenshots of my brushes.  I am using Windows 10 on a Wacom Cintiq.  The two photos below are the first and last screen. As I said, I have a lot of brushes.  I am using only one monitor, the Wacom Cintiq is a computer/tablet combo.  I did not have this problem prior to the update.   Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/BrushesIMG_7419.JPGIMG_7421.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to explain more about what you mean by clearing preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce this both in 2017 and 2018. You may be hitting it in 2018 due to the duplicate entries in the menu (which I am not encountering). A clearing of Photoshop prefs may help.

To reset preferences

Go to Edit/Preferences/General

Click on the Button "Reset Preferences on Quit" <ok>

Quit and relaunch Photoshop

If that doesn't clear up the duplicates, I would be interested to see if moving the non default brushes to the User folder does.

The two brushes that we put in the app foder are Legacy Default Brushes and Converted Legacy Tool Presets. All other user brushes default save location is C:/Users/<user name> AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/Presets/Brushes

You may need to enable seeing hidden items to see the AppData folder in the Explorer View options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I did several things including what you told me to do. What seemed to

be causing the duplicates was a brush program from outside of Photoshop

that worked in PS CC 2017 but does not work in PS CC 2018. Once I deleted

that file in my presets/brush folder, the duplicates went away. Duplicate

problem solved.

Now I'm left with this problem. I deleted all the files out of the

presets/brush folder exccept the legacy brushes. Closed Photoshop and

reopened. Went to the Brushes/Settings and Probably 40 brushes showed

within Photoshop, but they aren't there when I look in that same folder in

Windows 10.

So as an experiment, I copy and pasted all the brushes I deleted back into

the presets/brush folder, overwriting any duplicates that might be there,

and now I still have the screen runoff..... where all my 420 brushes are

not appearing on screen. It looks like Adobe forgot to add a scroll bar. *

See photo below*. look at the screen on the right side, you can see where

there are more brushes, and there is no scroll bar at the bottom. Do you

have any other suggestions? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_7463.JPG

Can i get  a scroll bar? That would solve the problem.

Thank you,  Darlene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*** I have scroll bars in Windows, just not in the Brushes for Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are investigating the root cause at this time. Another thing that may help is reducing the name length on some brushes. The column width is dictated by the brush name. If you reduce name length you will gain additional room for the following columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortening the brush names helped. But if I get more brushes, I fear I will still have the same problem as described no scroll bar.

Thanks for continuing to look into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Darlene,

This issue was included in the release of Photoshop that just went live, 19.1. Please open your Creative Cloud desktop app, update Photoshop and try it out.

Thank you,

Hannah

P.S. The default setting when upgrading is to Remove Old Versions of Photoshop. If you do not wish to do that, click Advanced and uncheck this preference (see screenshots below)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines