Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Never Ending Sync - Any help?

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've just sync'd over 25k photos, but my sync is stuck on the last 9. It's been there for 24 hours now with no network activity. I had this problem with the old Classic mobile sync too. 9 files 'syncing' for 3 years!!

So, I obviously have 9 dodgy files somewhere, but I can't see a way to find them. Anyone know if there is a way to see the sync log or detailed activity report so I can find these pesky files?

Unfortunately, they are in the auto created 'lightroom catalog' album that was created during the migration process, so are heaped in with 25k other photos, so I can't narrow my search by looking to see which folder/album is still syncing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

OK. I've marked this as answered because I found a way to find the problem files and I ended up just deleting them. They were stuck on "Syncing meta data". No idea why, there was nothing special about them and the meta data looked find to me. Just a couple of iphone grab shots.

Anyway, to find the problem files, I made 2 new albums, then took the album for 25k photos in and copied half into each new album. Then looked to see which one of the new albums had the blue spinner on to say it was syncin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I've marked this as answered because I found a way to find the problem files and I ended up just deleting them. They were stuck on "Syncing meta data". No idea why, there was nothing special about them and the meta data looked find to me. Just a couple of iphone grab shots.

Anyway, to find the problem files, I made 2 new albums, then took the album for 25k photos in and copied half into each new album. Then looked to see which one of the new albums had the blue spinner on to say it was syncing. I then took the one with the spinner and split that in two. I did this again and again until I had an album with a spinner with few enough photos in that I could scroll through and find a pic without a blue tick. A total pain the back side, but it solved the problem.

Lightroom really should have better ways to trouble shoot sync problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, Not sure if you worked this out or not but I followed your tip to find the 9 photos that were stuck on sync and I flagged them as I went so I could keep track of them, but the act of flagging them and the associated change in metadata was enough to get them to sync properly - I thought I might have to delete them and then re-import or something like that I guess any metadata change would be enough to sort it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I followed you advice, and I was able to find the 2 files out of 21,000+ that weren't syncing properly.

They need to find a better way to identify sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I am still pending syncing of three Lightroom catalogs.  I don't think I know how to stop syncing them.  Does anyone at Adobe know how to find potential problem photos/videos without doing this crazy troubleshooting work Rob and Lenrust did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Hold down option/alt while clicking on the cloud icon and it will display the problem files.

I'm having the same issue, I am still pending syncing of three Lightroom catalogs.  I don't think I know how to stop syncing them.  Does anyone at Adobe know how to find potential problem photos/videos without doing this crazy troubleshooting work Rob and Lenrust did?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines