• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

weblink doesn't work in acrobat dc

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a recent problem; when i point at a weblink that i know should work, the curser changes to the hand/pointing finger and a box appears indicating the correct url, but my browser (firefox) does nothing?

anyone else have this problem?

anyone got idea how to fix?

i've downloaded adobe reader, and the same weblinks work fine !?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're viewing the PDF and clicking the link in a FireFox window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i'm using the latest version of acrobat dc to view pdfs

the weblinks don't open the webpage in firefox

i know the weblinks are correct and if i use acrobat reader to view the same pdfs, the weblinks work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the specific version of Acrobat DC, as shown by Help > About (e.g. 2016.100.23545)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's 2017.012.20098

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A pity, because if you'd missed an update this was a known bug. Ok, these web links. Are they "just" URLs on the page? Or were they made as PDF links with the link tool? Also, do web links work in other files with Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are urls on the page, created when exporting as pdf from indesign, which acrobat recognises (the curser changes to pointing finger and a box appears with the full url ie. with prefix http://)

but if i create a link in acrobat using the link tool, this works and the webpage opens in firefox

i've checked with other pdf files in acrobat, old files that have previously worked no longer do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a bug of the latest version of Adobe Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not another one! I thought they'd fixed that. Or did they fix the automatic web links while breaking the real links...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines