• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying tooltip box

Advisor ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last PS update I get this annoying large tooltip box every time I enter a tool in my tools palette - where do I remove this? Again, wish Adobe could stop forcing stuff like this on us and instead inform people of new features instead. Let's say in a section called "new features" or something like that.tooltipbox.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

In photoshop cc 2018 there is a new kind of tooltip called Rich Tooltips and that's what your seeing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

You can turn that off in the Photoshop CC (mac) or Edit (windows) Preferences>Tools>Use Rich Tooltips

rt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.  In PS Preferences, go to "Interface".  Under "Options", uncheck "Show Tool Tips".  I think that should take care of this particular annoyance.  If necessary, you can of course turn that Pref back on and then off again when you no longer need it.  I was having an issue with Camera Raw CS6 on High Sierra.  The tool tips were sticking and the only way I could get rid of them was to shut down PS.  The first reply to my post on the Adobe forum was the procedure I've mentioned above, and it worked perfectly.  I do keep that Pref checked until I know I'll be using Camera Raw, and then I uncheck it for that purpose only.  At first this seemed too simple to solve my problem, but of course it did.  It seems that sometimes the most obvious approach is the answer.  I hope this helps.

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop cc 2018 there is a new kind of tooltip called Rich Tooltips and that's what your seeing.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

You can turn that off in the Photoshop CC (mac) or Edit (windows) Preferences>Tools>Use Rich Tooltips

rt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Let's hope Adobe make these new features OFF default in the future and serve a text telling us about new stuff for instance on first launch after update instead of forcing them ON as default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines