• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using New CC on desktop along with Classic? How would this work?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI There

I have images amounting to over 2TB, and upload speeds of little more than 2mpbs, so moving to CC fully is not feasible (or desirable).

However.

I've been using CC on my iPad Pro with synced collections (which amounts to around 8000 images which are already synced).

So to the question

If I install the desktop version of CC, will this sync these collections (the 8000 images) with the ipad and CC classic library on my desktop?

What I would like to carry on doing is

1. importing, selecting, sending to photoshop and return from Classic

2. transferring picks to Collections as I do know.

3. Pick up and use these selections in CC classic or the new CC as desired.

Will This Work?

best

Jono Slack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Yes. You should think of the LR CC app as simply a port of the mobile app to the desktop as long as you ignore the migration. It really works exactly like the mobile apps this way and will do almost everything you can with your synced collections currently on your iPad. So you can carry on working exactly as you have been and basically use Lightroom CC like an iPad but controlled by a mouse instead of your finger/stylus. Only problem is that since the update, keywords added on mobile do no longe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You should think of the LR CC app as simply a port of the mobile app to the desktop as long as you ignore the migration. It really works exactly like the mobile apps this way and will do almost everything you can with your synced collections currently on your iPad. So you can carry on working exactly as you have been and basically use Lightroom CC like an iPad but controlled by a mouse instead of your finger/stylus. Only problem is that since the update, keywords added on mobile do no longer sync back to LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that Jao - great answer - in fact I'd thought I might as well give it a go, and I've found it pretty helpful for managing my online images (I already had 8000 images shared).

I think it actually is a promising way to go forward (using Classic for initial picks and for large scale processing and then creating collections to manage in CC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines