• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are buyers allowed to edit illustrations submitted as AI files?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are buyers allowed to edit illustrations submitted as AI files? I have been submitting my illustrations as jpg files. But I decided that I should change to ai format. Two of them were downloaded within an hour of submitting them with a payment of .27 cents each. This led me to wonder, can clients download illustrations, edit them or remove part of the content for their own designs?

I am concerned that I am doing all the work and someone else is reaping the benefits for a measly fee.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Hi Linda,

We allow customers to edit the non-editorial asset in any way they deem necessary. Note, however, the customers are not allowed to make modifications which will violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive.

Also, you retain ownership, all rights, titles, and interest in and to the work(except for the licenses granted pursuant to the terms

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

We allow customers to edit the non-editorial asset in any way they deem necessary. Note, however, the customers are not allowed to make modifications which will violate or infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, nor place the author or the model in a bad light or depict them in any way that might be deemed offensive.

Also, you retain ownership, all rights, titles, and interest in and to the work(except for the licenses granted pursuant to the terms), and neither title nor any ownership interest in or to the work is transferred to us by virtue of the terms.

Both we and our users who use a work have the right, but not the obligation, to identify you as the author and source of the work in a customary manner. In addition, metadata may be altered, removed or added to without any liability to us, our distributors or end users.

You may grant us the right to enforce your IP Rights against infringers, but we have no obligation to do so.

You may also refer to https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Agreement-en_US-2... for more information.

Feel free to update this thread in case of any additional questions!

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, does submitting ai files make them more desirable? Or does it limit the clients who normally download files? I'm just trying to figure out what is the best choice for uploading for the best result.  Are the clients with the largest downloading accounts with the cheapest buying plan the ones most apt to us ai files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say making them ai files will make them more desirable. I personally wouldn't purchase an illustration that is not an ai so I can edit. I always recommend my students do the same.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started