• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enhanced layers not working when exporting?

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm very excited about the new Animate update. I created enhanced layers and added z-depth to them through the new window. When I play the animation in the timeline, the layers move/zoom correctly. But once I export the animation, the enhancements are gone. Everything else works. I am exporting to mov. My OS is Windows 10. I use Animate 18.

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

I wondered about the steps that were given, and so tried turning on advanced layers before pasting the layers, and the animation worked ok. But then I realized what had made it work. As I suspect was the case with Nitin, I happened to make a new HTML5 Canvas FLA, that I pasted into. So I tried again, with AS3, and the problem was still there.

You can take your original file and do a File/Convert To/HTML5 Canvas, and the new FLA will animate correctly in a browser. If you went on to do an export v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the fla file. Post it on some file sharing service such as Dropbox and paste the link here.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's here:

episode3_6.fla - Google Drive

I'm sorry, it's a very confusing file. If you play the timeline inside the program, everything should work.

The result is this:

episode3_6_test_4.mp4 - Google Drive

As you can see, the bush and the rock should move to the left edge, but instead they move right. They don't zoom either. The cliffs and the tracks also don't zoom.

Thank you for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a neat animation.

nitins41702265​ , the easy way to see an example problem is to uncheck include hidden layers in Publish Settings, make all layers invisible, except for the camera, tracks_right folder, and bush. Now scrub the timeline to see where the bush goes, and try in a swf.

It's almost like the x and y values in the tween are fighting with the advanced layer z changes.

There's another issue, which may or may not be related, if you hide the tracks_right folder you will get a script error in the Output panel, even though the FLA doesn't contain any script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback Colin. I have requested Nitin to take a look as soon as he is free.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin and unionjacky1. We are able to reproduce the problem and are working to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have investigated the issue and found out that the fla file has reached an inconsistent state wrt to viewAngle3D parameter in DomDocument.xml. We are still trying to figure out the reasons for the same and fix it. Did you find the same behavior with another file ?

Meanwhile we can suggest the following workaround to unblock you:

1) Create a new fla file.

2) Change the stage size to the stage size of original file (1920X1080, in this case)

3) Copy all layers from original file and paste the in new file.

4) Turn on Advanced Layers

Thanks,

Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this solution, unfortunately these steps don't fix the problem. I made a new file and copied the layers in, turned on the enhanced layers, exported, and the issue persists.

I made a completely different file with a simple circle that moves towards the viewer through enhanced layers... It works at first, but when I additionally manipulate the scale and translation of the symbol during the tween through keyframes, it stops working correctly. Maybe it's related to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered about the steps that were given, and so tried turning on advanced layers before pasting the layers, and the animation worked ok. But then I realized what had made it work. As I suspect was the case with Nitin, I happened to make a new HTML5 Canvas FLA, that I pasted into. So I tried again, with AS3, and the problem was still there.

You can take your original file and do a File/Convert To/HTML5 Canvas, and the new FLA will animate correctly in a browser. If you went on to do an export video, the video is ok too, even though it goes through a making SWF stage, and making SWF from AS3 still shows the problem.

I found that even converting an animation to frame by frame doesn't solve the problem, which also means it's possible to isolate a single frame of a single layer, to show the problem.

nitins41702265 , try this zip, it only has a single frame of the bush in its ending position, as AS3 and as HTML5 Canvas:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/justbush.zip

Test Movie both of them, and you'll see the bush is in the right place for HTML5 Canvas, and the wrong place for AS3.

The bush doesn't have any sort of 3D transform on it, in fact the only thing in the scene that does is the river reflection, but the bush test FLA doesn't have that. I haven't yet figured out if there is a way to remove 3D transforms from the entire file, and converting to html5 and back again isn't enough to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As suggested by @nitins41702265, I have tried out the workaround and have recorded a video.

Please find the video at:- Dropbox - workaround_episode_3_6.mov​

Let us know it helps you.

Could you please record your workflow in video and share with us, so that we can investigate further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines