• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancelling CC

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall ever being told about the 50% of the annual subscription when cancelling. I was under the impression it was a rolling monthly contract. I guess I should've been more careful!

I like the "Till we meet again" quote when cancelling. All I can say after being stung 50%, you have a BIG FAT ZERO chance of that happening. Never going to get suckered into monthly fees again.... sorry, I mean Annual fees disguised as monthly.

Now using

FCP X (no Annual upgrade required)

Capture One 10 Pro - I choose when to upgrade and app receives service upgrades.

Affinity Photo (no Annual upgrade required)

The cost of taking on Affinity Photo for Desktop and iPad plus the 50% fee is still less than 1 years Adobe payments.

Yes, this is a bit of a rant but this has defiantly soured my opinion of CC products and any possible future use.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

i agree, it should be clearer.

but it's obvious there must be some catch to the annual subscription because you pay so much less per month than the monthly subscription.  i think it should be clearer what that catch is, but once you realize there's must be something, it's not hidden that it's a commitment to 12 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that penalty only applies if you cancel early.  are you?

if so, it works just like a (lenient) lease.  think of an apartment or auto lease.

you committed to a one year subscription/lease and you cancelled early.  typically you'd still be obligated to pay for the remainder of the lease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, no problem with that but it should be made a lot clearer when you sign up that it's an annual commitment thats paid monthly rather than a 30 day rolling monthly payment.

At the end of the day, seeing the 50% charge just made me more determined to end CC rather than putting me off. I'll know better next time and make others I work with aware of it.

It's not a money thing. The cost for the photographers package wasn't that much when compared to the new Mac Pro it runs on. The main reason for moving to Affinity Photo, not just that it offers a first real replacement option for Photoshop but the fact they also have a full working version for iPad. Being able to sync all my work via iCloud between my desktop and my iPad Pro with Apple Pencil is great when I'm out and about or away from the office. Pretty seamless integration.

Anyway, lesson learned and not to be repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it's obvious there must be some catch to the annual subscription because you pay so much less per month than the monthly subscription.  i think it should be clearer what that catch is, but once you realize there's must be something, it's not hidden that it's a commitment to 12 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kglad  wrote

Absolutely true! The only reason I know about the cancellation fee is because I fell into this trap myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry that you had to figure this out the hard way!

I think the analogy of the apartment complex lease is spot on, but I completely understand how frustrated you may be! Hopefully CC will work for you again one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines