• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient disk space

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you see this error, you may want to direct Lightroom CC to store original files on a separate drive.

1. In Lightroom CC, go to Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Lightroom CC > Preferences (Mac).
  2. Choose the Local Storage panel. Now, click Change Location to select a drive with at least the amount of free space recommended in the above error message."

I did everything as in your instruction (Mac). I have chosen the Synology external drive, on which I have enough space. I received the message:"Oops! You've selected an invalid location. Make sure you select a valid destination for your photos (such as an external hard drive, USB drive, etc). Please help me what I have to do differently to move photos to the cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the Synology reporting to the OS? As a network drive or as a USB external?  LRCC won't let you select a network drive at this point in time, so you'd need to plug it in directly to the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

USB external

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing the same problem trying to use my Synology NAS drive which is connected as a network drive.  Do you know when it will be possible to use a network drive?

Many thanks,

Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phil@bluecurrant.com  wrote

Do you know when it will be possible to use a network drive?

Not a clue, they don't announce their future plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I don't have the space on my laptop hard drive to store my photos.  I've been using my Synology NAS just fine with Lightroom "classic".  So I'm unable to migrate because I use a NAS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imahawki  wrote

So I'm unable to migrate because I use a NAS?

Right now, yes. But it's very very early days, so hopefully that will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?  Is Adobe that inept?  Using network storage is NOT uncommon for people in the photography and video fields.  Why release a product that sounds like it isn't ready for working professionals?  It feels like they've adopted the gaming industry model of duping people into paying to beta test their not-ready software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a new app that's currently targeted at a more amateur market. In time, it may grow up into a tool for working pros, but it's not designed for most pros at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines