• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool comes out pixelated since updating to Photoshop CC 2018 - Bugs

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.15.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-01 at 2.20.21 PM.png

I've been using photoshop for years but since I recently updated my Photoshop, I've been having this issue. Regardless of the brush I use, it is very pixelated. It looks bad zoomed out also. My document is set to 1920x1080 300px rgb. Anyone have any clue what's going on here?? I've messed with the smoothing, it doesnt help at all. I am not using the pencil tool.

I am also having super annoying issues with Illustrator since updating Illustrator. Such as not being able to select text (when it is not locked) and weird graphics issues like the following: (shapes showing up and not going away unless i zoom in and out a bunch, and artwork disappearing and then coming back once i zoom in and out. It's not a horrible issue, it's just starting to be a real annoyance and making me want to pull my hair out haha.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 1.29.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-16 at 11.49.28 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I would suggest raising the illustrator issue directly in the Illustrator forum

Illustrator

For the Photoshop brush issue, your screenshot shows your image is at 364% zoom which will indeed look pixelated. Can you show a screenshot at 100% zoom (which maps one image pixel to 1 screen pixel)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 3.38.43 PM.png

Here it is at 100%. I also put the Illustrator question in the Illustrator forum, without luck, so I broadened my audience.

See how it looks? Every brush comes out this way, looking fuzzy or soft I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is the brush? If it was created small - like just a couple pixels per spot, then you make the brush bigger - like 100 diameter, it's going to look pixelated.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all the brushes. So the ones that come with Photoshop and all of my imported brushes also. I've used them all before and they didn't do this (before I updated to the latest photoshop). So this has only been happening since updating. I'm not sure if its something in my settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting them? In the options bar, click on the drop down next to the brush tool, click on the gear icon and reset all tools

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 2.06.34 PM.png

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give that a try! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines