• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updates

Participant ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. Just what am I supposed to be updating?

creative cloud updates.PNG

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those apps are included in your plan and all have updates.

If you don't want them all then uninstall what you don't want.

Photoshop CC is an older version of CC 2017. Some keep older versions installed for compatibility with older plugins and operating systems, hardware compatibility, workflow reasons etc. If you're happy to uninstall CC then go ahead.

Lightroom CC and Classic CC are two completely different apps with different workflows. Read up on them. Adobe has, frankly,  done a terrible job in naming these apps. They've made it extremely confusing. Decide which suits you best. It's unlikely you'll want both.

See https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop CC is an older version of Photoshop CC (2017) why are updates being offered for both apps?

Why doesn't the Creative Cloud just show Photoshop CC(2017) as an update to Photoshop CC? How can there be an update to an app that supposedly is not being updated? Or are you saying the Photoshop CC is a standalone app? I didn't have Photoshop CC prior to subscribing to Creative Cloud Photography Plan. I used Photoshop Elements.

To put it another way:

Since I have the CC Photography Plan then I already have Photoshop CC (Yes, I installed it as part of my subscription to CC Photography Plan). So are you saying I have the option to update the original installation of Photoshop CC or update Photoshop CC (2017) which I've never installed? So since I've never installed Photoshop CC (2017) why is in the Creative Cloud app as an update?

Please don't condescend to me or answer me like I'm stupid. Surely you can see why this would be confusing.

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC is a standalone application. I'd have to see the text revealed when you click What's New to understand why you're seeing Update rather than Install. You've indicated that you've already installed CC but it looks like an older version was installed. I've no idea why if a more current version was already available when you joined.

Likewise with CC 2017. I don't know why it says Update if you've never previously installed it. Should say install.

Adobe usually makes a careful distinction between install, update and upgrade.

I'm not trying to be condescending to you or treat you like you're stupid. Not sure why you'd post that in replying to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off this is why I said you're being condescending and treating me like I'm stupid. You said "If you don't want them all then uninstall what you don't want."

That is NOT an answer. It is insulting.

Now I'm going to include screen shots of the "whats new" from the Photoshop CC update options and "whats new" from Photoshop CC(2017).

This is from Photoshop CC "what's new" link.

photoshopcc_whats-new.PNG

This is from the Photoshop CC(2017) "what's new" link.

photoshopcc(2017)_whats-new.PNG

So, do I select update Photoshop CC and will that include the Adobe Color Profiles or do both get updated separately. These two options look like separate software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can have several versions of Photoshop installed ( I have three here).

Photoshop CC is actually the newest version . Why Adobe chose to call it CC instead of CC2018 I have no idea. If you just want one version of Photoshop then click update and go ahead. By default it will uninstall old versions.

However my advice would be to click update - then in the dialogue that appears choose advanced options and then uncheck remove old versions. That way you always have the older CC2017 on your PC to fall back on if you run across an insurmountable bug in the newer version.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read all those articles! None of them address what I'm asking. They all talk about Lightroom none address the Photoshop CC vs Photoshop CC (2017) issue. Please explain to me why Adobe would offer and upgrade to Photoshop CC when supposedly Photoshop CC (2017) IS the upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to add what's been said. Adobe doesn't really show what is being updated. That Photoshop CC is very generic and could be for any version. The update could also just be a new version of Camera Raw. It's very hard to tell exactly what needs to be updated. Here's my screen shot. Needs updating too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines