• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confused about updating LRCC 2015

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read some of the notes about updating my LR (release 2015.10, camera raw 9.10) and I'm confused about how much the update will affect my catalogs and general manipulation of folders and files. Can anyone provide some guidance? Much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked at the flow diagram and the table of features. I ended up at "You need the Photography Plan to use Lightroom Classic..." I believe I have the Photography plan, at least I pay Adobe around $10/month for PS and LR on my Mac Pro laptop. Looking at the features, I want LR Classic. The LR I have, taken straight from the "About" window is: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC, 2015.10 Release, Camera Raw 9.10. No mention of Classic.  SO what do I have to do to ensure that I have/get LR Classic? Your help is very valuable. If you can solve this for me, I have a few questions about catalogs. I have too many. Sorry for sounding so uninformed, but I haven't used LR in a long time and my memory isn't what it used to be. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Launch Creative Cloud. You should be able to install Lr Classic from the Apps tab – see image below. If you don’t see the updates click the three dots (top-right) and choose “Check for updates”

01Classic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need Lightroom Classic. Lightroom CC is a completely different and new program. Adobe renamed Lightroom CC 2015 to Lightroom Classic and updated it and reused the old Lightroom CC name for this new program which stores all your images in the cloud and misses 90% of the features in what we used to know as Lightroom. This is very confusing indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines