• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorials on GIFs

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get my photos into a timeline. I have just spent almost an hour following various tutorials but can't get past these steps: FILES >>> SCRIPTS >>> LOAD FILES INTO STACKS >>> SELECT ALL LAYERS. Even with the dropdown in the timeline set to CREATE FRAME ANIMATION, there's just no way to get the layers to appear in the timeline. I have never tried creating a GIF. So, being that all the tutorials seen to work differently than what I see in this latest Ps version I have, I can only assume that there has been a major change. By the way I'm running High Sierra a.k.a. OS 10.13.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Make sure your timeline is set to frame animation and not timeline. When starting there is a large button in the middle of the timeline panel. Just to the right of that button is a drop down arrow. Click the arrow and choose frame animation.

Once you load the files into a stack, you should see each file in its own layer.

In the top right corner of the timeline panel is an icon. Click the icon and choose make frames from layers.

This will place all the layers into their respective frames.

Once you ha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your timeline is set to frame animation and not timeline. When starting there is a large button in the middle of the timeline panel. Just to the right of that button is a drop down arrow. Click the arrow and choose frame animation.

Once you load the files into a stack, you should see each file in its own layer.

In the top right corner of the timeline panel is an icon. Click the icon and choose make frames from layers.

This will place all the layers into their respective frames.

Once you have the frames populated, then you can use save for web to save an animated gif.

Tip: Next time instead of using load as stack, rename your files into sequential order. You can then use File>Open - choose sequential then choose just the first image and photoshop will do all the work for you. You can specify the frame rate and it will create a timeline for you.

Use the menu in upper right corner of time line panel

If you still need frame animation, it can be done.

1)covert frames>flatten frames into clips

2)convert frames>convert to frame animation

3)make frames from layers

These three steps are only required if you have a timeline animation like opening a sequence.

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you select frame animation in the timeline button pull-down menu the button should show create frame animation. Click on the button to create a frame animation timeline.  When the Frame Animation timeline is created then use the timeline fly-out menu upper right corner icon the click create frame from layers.  The rearrange the frames set the duration perhaps loop the animation forever and save for web your animated gif.

Capture.jpgAnimated.gif

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently CREATE FRAME FROM LAYERS is no longer an option. Please refer to my screenshots. Also, I can’t really preview anything when I press play. Thanks.

Email removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at my screenshot, you will see it is still available. The images are from the latest version. You do have to be in frame animation mode to see it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In my screen shot too

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines