• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2017 CC Ryzen 7 Issues

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just built an editing machine for Premiere Pro and After Effects (specs below), and although Premiere Pro is running pretty quick, After Effects can barely play ram previews at quarter resolution. It never plays realtime even though the computer I upgraded from could play realtime ram previews on the same project at half resolution. I have messed with every setting and cannot figure it out. I have run multiple benchmarks that show the new setup is a lot faster in every way compared to my old setup.

Any help would be appreciated!

New Setup

Ryzen 7 1700 (OC to 3.8ghz all cores)

GTX 1070 FTW OC

32gb 3000mhz Corsair LPX DDR4 RAM

250gb NVME 960 EVO

500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD

H100i water cooling

RM850x PSU

Old computer setup (runs better in After Effects)

i7 4690k stock frequency

AMD R9 280

16gb 2333mhz Corsair DDR3 RAM

250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Stock cooling

500 watt Corsair PSU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the same monitor? There was a weird issue with certain 4k screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PlatinumSteve,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also built an editing machine with Ryzen 1700x. And it's awesome with cinema 4d, but my main tool is adobe after effects, and it works not as fast as it possible. Don't know what to do, I've spent a lot of money for new machine for after effects, but it works almost the same as my 3 years old i5 laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know its an old thread but by the first look at your specs its obviously that you'll be running into temperature related slowdowns or crashes. you simply cant overclock the cpu AND its ram controller to 3000. Especially the Ram controller emitts a lot of heat when overclocked. with 3,8GHz and ~3000-3200MHz RAM Speed my system (same HW) exceeds 70° Celsius with a Thermalright Macho (and thats a HUGE and powerful cooler). Just run the CPU on stock speeds and try 3000MHz for the RAM. Check Temperatures at max load and decrease ram frequency if temps are still around 65°C.

Another Problem with the 1st Ryzen Generation was the Power Management. Never-ever tell it to save energy - it will cut the vcore to a level where the ryzen simply crahes. always use high performance mode, dont worry the cpu will slow down cores to save energy even on high performance power plan...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines