Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When moving an object from Indesign to Photoshop it shrinks super small

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Headline tells it all. Earlier I didn't have this problem, I don't know what has gone wrong. I'm using the same layer size in Photoshop like always but when moving the object from Indesign it shrinks too small. Really annoying that I have to zoom like 600% to see anything of it.

Thank you in advance if someone can help me with this!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to help, but I do not understand the indications you gave. Therefore, please answer the following questions:

• How do you "move" an object (what kind of "object") from Indesign to Photoshop?
  • What has the "layer size" to do with how a picture is displayed in Photoshop?
  • What is your OS and version? What version of Ps and Id do you use?

Indesign is for desktop publishing ie layout & pre-press functions. Photoshop is used for image manipulations. So mostly you have images prepared in Photoshop (or other image editors) and you place those in Indesign to make a nice flyer design or something similar. I've never had the need and even do not  know if it works, to import Indesign files into Photoshop. I, however, have often the need to edit picture files with Photoshop, while they are placed in Indesign.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I'm doing web content at my work so I'm moving objects from Indesign-layout to Photoshop. In Photoshop I'm transferring the files (pictures) into PNG-files so that I can use them on web. As a layer size I mean a specific 468x400 px size I use for my work. My OS is Windows 10 64-bit. I just updated my Id to 13.0 and Ps to 19.

Like I said earlier these pictures/content was true to their size when I moved them from Indesign to Photoshop, but something has happened and they are size of a fly now.

I know it might be bit of hard to understand my problem especially if you don't see any reason yourself to do things like I do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really just repeated " I'm moving objects from Indesign-layout to Photoshop" without telling us how you do that? What do you click, select, drag, type etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sorry. I select the item with Selection tool and drag it to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I now did the same twice and ...

...the difference between both operations is the image resolution: small: the receiving image was at 72 dpi; bigger: I did change the resolution to 300 dpi.

It still sounds weird to me.

Just to mention, because of D Fosse​'s remark: My images are links. I do not know if that is really playing a role here, but D Fosse​ is right: generally, images should be linked in Indesign.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elinam92025293  wrote

Ah sorry. I select the item with Selection tool and drag it to Photoshop.

This is totally backwards. InDesign should contain links to Photoshop files. So what you do is go back to the original Photoshop files, and prepare them for web the way you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines