• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects (Mettle) plugin for 360° video

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SkyBox is now part of Adobe CC 2018. I am desperately looking for the options in AE CC 2018. I found a new category called immersive video under effects, but couldn't figure out if that is the place to go to find the mettle stuff such as skybox converter, skybox extractor and so forth. Although it might sound that I purchased the skybox product, let me assure I have not. I know about these functions from youtube and want to start creating my own 360° video in AE. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Almost all of the mettle effects can be found in the immersive effects. My biggest problem is that I can't preview my comp in my oculus

like I did with AE 2017 and Mettle player. There is no F-ing way to preview my comp live in oculus, also Premiere has the same issue.

Contacted Adobe about it, I am being ignored.

I'm going to look for alternative software because this is total cr#p.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all of the mettle effects can be found in the immersive effects. My biggest problem is that I can't preview my comp in my oculus

like I did with AE 2017 and Mettle player. There is no F-ing way to preview my comp live in oculus, also Premiere has the same issue.

Contacted Adobe about it, I am being ignored.

I'm going to look for alternative software because this is total cr#p.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WilbertV,
Have you tried downloading "Steam"?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does installing Steam will help with getting a live preview in the Oculus headset? Does it install some additional software that helps After Effects and Premiere that I'm not aware of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Off course installing steam did not do the trick, what was I even thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WilbertV,

Please see this thread: Viewing 360 Stereo footage through Oculus in Premiere?

As I understand it, this is a "Premiere Pro Only" feature, currently.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible yet. It only works on 2017 version so far. Info from Mettle web:

Current Adobe Creative Cloud paid subscribers will be able to access SkyBox plugins through Adobe by sending an email to dvaplugin@adobe.com. Include your Adobe ID and first and last name as it appears on your account. You will receive a response within one week.

Adobe Acquires Mettle SkyBox Suite | Mettle

It is weird, but working. Email with download link arrived in 2 days in my case.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erwin, thank for taking the time to reply! I did receive the meetle plugins from the skybox team, however because I upgraded to CC 2018 those plug-ins didn't work. During installation, I had the option to add those plugins to AE 2015; which is still installed on my laptop, but AE 2018 was not even an option. I'll go and take a look at the mettle effects in the immersive effects. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nico H,

because I upgraded to CC 2018 those plug-ins didn't work. During installation, I had the option to add those plugins to AE 2015; which is still installed on my laptop, but AE 2018 was not even an option. I'll go and take a look at the mettle effects in the immersive effects. Thanks!

The Immersive Video Effects take the place of Mettle Skybox Effects provided for the previous version, so an installation of those older effects would be redundant. If you are not seeing all the effects that you need from the earlier version, let the team know what you'd like here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there ANY solution for previewing a 360 comp within After Effects?   Since all I saw plastered all over Mettle's and Adobe's sites were announcements that Skybox has been "fully integrated into CC 2018", I upgraded and now I'm apparently screwed because "fully integrated" means "all of it except the viewer, because Adobe is going to come out with their own solution someday".

Barring that, how do I downgrade AE so that I can rebuild my project in 2017?

Thanks, y'all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,not sure how about now, but few weeks earlier it was still not possible, or I really haven't found the way.

This only works on 2017 version so far. Info from Mettle web:

I simply installed ae 2017 via cc cloud tray app.

Current Adobe Creative Cloud paid subscribers will be able to access SkyBox plugins through Adobe by sending an email to dvaplugin@adobe.com. Include your Adobe ID and first and last name as it appears on your account. You will receive a response within one week.

Adobe Acquires Mettle SkyBox Suite | Mettle

It is weird, but working. Email with download link arrived in 2 days in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cvifx_steve

We are forced here to reinstall AE 2017 and all Mettle plugins again to have a working sollution. Bringing all the bugs that are mettle back again. Thanks adobe for removing a good working viewer....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, WilberTV, I've reinstalled 2017 and now wish that I could actually see the Rift in my list of playback devices, as opposed to just "None" and "Preview Window".  Rift is running great and I can play games on it, pity that's not what I got it for 😉

If anyone from Adobe is here, is there a timeline for built-in viewer support in AE like you have in Premiere?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. I had to reinstall all oculus software, but mind you it took me half a day to get oculus working again. Clean everything with Revo uninstall for example before you proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I'll give that a go - I did reinstall the Rift software when I

went from DK2 to Consumer/Touch, but did not do a scorched-earth

uninstall.  I appreciate the reply and hope to post success soon!

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines