Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool not working in Muse?

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Muse, but I don't think I have ever encountered a more frustrating piece of software. I have yet to achieve any measure of control over a page that has just a header image, a strip of menus, and a base block. I have spent the thick end of three frustrating weeks on this, and I am nearing the end of my tether.

I am a graphic designer with decades of experience, and have used Photoshop and InDesign for years.

Allegedly, this is for designers like me who don't use code. I have encountered one problem after another, and now I can't select anything on any page except the master page.

Nothing is locked. I have quit and gone back in, I have restarted the Mac, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse. Still nothing works. A new item placed on any page can be selected. I just don't see what can be wrong. Does anybody know why it has started doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

I think, you should spend time to learn Muse, before starting serious projects. A good starting point is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

Web design and print design are completely different. In print design pages are static, in web design, every element interferes with each other, and this makes things complex.

My suggestion in this case: Start with a fixed width site and fixed width breakpoints. In this case layouting will be quite similar as you are used to in print design.

The on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, you should spend time to learn Muse, before starting serious projects. A good starting point is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html

Web design and print design are completely different. In print design pages are static, in web design, every element interferes with each other, and this makes things complex.

My suggestion in this case: Start with a fixed width site and fixed width breakpoints. In this case layouting will be quite similar as you are used to in print design.

The only issue, which I can identify from your post is „I can’t select anything on any page except the master page."

You may have to learn, that Muse is in some aspects similar to InDesign, but not identical at all. Different design intentions need different tools and approaches. One difference is, that master page elements in Muse can’t be activated on layout pages.

Unfortunately you don’t explain the other issues, you are facing, thus making it impossible to help.

The simplest way to get help is, to explain the issues, exactly, create a small sample .muse file demonstrating the problem, and share the .muse file with us, using these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Günter,

Now I get it - I don't recall reading that anywhere. The other problems I am encountering are listed in this posting: Re: Problems in Muse with items scrolling when they need to be fixed

and I have had some help but haven't explored all options yet. I shall go through everything though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines