• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic <div> styles

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this function to show or hide a control depending on which radio button is selected(Yes = visible, No = invisible). This works fine.

However, in the spirit of reusing code I need to make some adjustments to allow the <div> to be visible if either the "yes" radiobutton is checked or if the datefield has a value. And invisible if the radiobutton is "no" or the datefield does not have a value.This would need to happen when the page loaded as it was populating other fields. I am using the same page to collect data and edit records. Could someone point me in the right direction to accomplish this? TIA

<script type = "text/javascript">
<!--
function hide(x) {
document.getElementById(x).style.visibility="hidden";
}
function show(x) {
document.getElementById(x).style.visibility="visible";
}
//-->
</script>

<cfinput type="radio" id="listoncalendar2" name="listoncalendar" value="No" onClick="hide('showhidelistoncalendardate')" checked="#listoncalendar2_Checked#">No
<cfinput type="radio" id="listoncalendar1" name="listoncalendar" value="Yes" onClick="show('showhidelistoncalendardate')" checked="#listoncalendar1_Checked#" >Yes
<div id="showhidelistoncalendardate" style="visibility:hidden">Select date:<br>
<cfinput type="datefield" name="listoncalendardate" <!--- value="#getlastedit.listoncalendardate#" ---> > </div>
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried the "onLoad" method of your <body> tag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, any other options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I recently used a combination of innnerHTML, cfsavecontent, and toScript to accomplish something similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation