• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Storage Access Offline

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I store my files EXCLUSIVELY on the Creative Cloud (so I can save HDD space), will I be able to access, edit, process, export my files in Lightroom CC if I am OFFLINE?

I was recently at a photography convention and spoke to an Adobe Rep whom stated I would be able to, but I am skeptical. Again, my hope is to eliminate HDD space taken up by my 500 GB + of photos, so the only copies of my photos would be in the cloud.

Thanks for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

You would be able to if you store local copies of everything (it's a preference you can set) which defeats the purpose of storing everything in the cloud. You can also make an album of images be stored locally before you go to a place where you don't have internet. Also if you are somewhere and have no internet and are loading in images into LR CC, you will have full access to the images you just loaded in.

P.S. it is easy to check this. Just disconnect your computer from the internet and see ho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... are you asking if you can access Cloud storage while not connected to the Internet? Which I'm sure is a clear no

Otherwise, if you are connected to the Internet, seems to me that you also have to be connected to your account to use your files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would be able to if you store local copies of everything (it's a preference you can set) which defeats the purpose of storing everything in the cloud. You can also make an album of images be stored locally before you go to a place where you don't have internet. Also if you are somewhere and have no internet and are loading in images into LR CC, you will have full access to the images you just loaded in.

P.S. it is easy to check this. Just disconnect your computer from the internet and see how functional it is. There is one major caveat that after some time (I think it is a month), creative cloud will want to connect to a license server to keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines