• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix a arm to a body?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I am using the Robot template in Ch the one walking constantly to the right..

Now I have made my own arms legs torso etc in photoshop and they are working perfectly fine..

However the new arm I have created isn't staying fixed to the shoulder on the torso.

Its swaying slightly left and right (sliding across) the torso.

I have used the pin tool (fixed handle) where the arm meets the shoulder torso but its still sliding left and right around that area..

How do I make it fixed to the body and allow it to move with the body as opposed to slipping across.

Cheers.

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riffbear,

Sorry for the frustration. I know it well as I had the same issue when I was building my new puppet. Basically, you need to move the Origin to the shoulder area. When the Origin overlaps with the Body group, the two areas become "green." The arm should then be connected properly.

Check out this video at 13:48.

It helped me a lot! Let us know if you got your arms attached and working.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Ill give it a crack soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

for some reason, the Origin dot is not green so, when I move it over the body, it doesn't connect.

I checked the names and everything is correct but none of my Origin points are green. Everything is working fine except the arms. What should I do?

As you can see, they are overlaping

Thanks

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may be that you need to group the shoulder plate with the arm and then make that a warp independent object?

What are the pins for that are listed under shoulder plate?

Great character BTW 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bug in version 1.1 that causes newly added groups to not default to Auto attachment. Until the next update, to work around the problem: select the group in the puppet panel and set Attach To to Auto in the properties panel. When set to Auto, you get the green UI stuff.

Another workaround is to just re-import the artwork, but then you'll have to redo any other rigging previously done in Ch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback CoSA_Dave.

I believe there is a bug when we use Smart Objects on Photoshop and then import the file to Character Animator. Most of my layers were Smart Objects and, after I got rid of them and re-imported the file, everything was working fine with green pins and all. The character had the "auto attach" option turned on but, although it was showing to be attached to the right body part, It wasn't attaching when I tried to animate him. Without the Smart Objects, it is working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Angie! When the character is ready I will post him here.

This is my first attempt on Adobe Character Animator and despite some walls I have to break through sometimes, I'm loving to use it. I really believe that the pins are all correct and my last resource was to re-import the character from Photoshop to Character Animator after I rasterized every Smart Object I had. Almost every layer on pPhotoshop was a Smart Object so, after I did that and imported the PSD, the pins turned green. Maybe there is a bug when you overuse Smart Objects and import to Character Animator. Anyway, everything is working the way they should now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE ALL LIERS, NOTHING WORKS, I SPENT 1 MILLION YEARS ON MY CHARACTER, I TRIED EVERY SINGLE STEP, AND STILL NOTHING, YOU KNOW, MANY PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO HATE CHARACTER ANIMATOR THAT I AM JUST GONNA USE SCRATCH FOR ANIMTIONS. YOU ARE HACKERS, YOU ARE "GOOD" AT THIS, ADOBE, YOU KNOW BETTER THEN THAT TRASH OLD TRASHOBE.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. You are welcome to ask questions here in the community forums. I notice this is your first post according to your profile. This thread is from 4 years ago, and things have changed a bit in the product since then. Feel free to create a new post and ask specific questions if helpful. Just remember that most people here do not work for Adobe and answer in their own free time just to help other community members. As such if you want help I would not start a post claiming people are liars. Most of us have got frustrated with the *software* at times, but insulting *community members* is never acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines