• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlay two PDF docs

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you take two pdf docs and overlay one on top of the other?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Use the Add Background command.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Add Background command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I was able to do that but when I made the background you couldn't see the whole background file. I tried making each file the background and had the same issue.  Am I doing something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? Which parts couldn't you see?

On Fri, Nov 3, 2017 at 1:45 PM, mikel21632143 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One PDF is a one sided brochure.  The other PDF is a layout template.  When I put either one as the background, I can't fully see that file in the background.  My goal is to be able view both documents entirely when on top of each other. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that a PDF file can actually have a solid background (e.g. a rectangle the size of the page, filled with white). If that's the case, and you layer two pages on top of each other, that background will obscure the content that is under it. Such a background does not necessarily have to fill the whole page, it can e.g. be just under a table, or a graph. It all depends on the application that was used to generate the PDF file. By using the contents pane on the left side (View>Show/Hide>Navigation Panes>Content), you can potentially remove the background element that is interfering with your process. But this would be a manual operation, in which you first figure out what element(s) constitutes the background, and then in a second step remove these content elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Karl!  I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  This doesn't seem to have the contents pane you are mentioning.  Do you know how to do what I am asking using this software?

Thanks again!
Mike

Mike Levine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC definitely has the Content pane. Use the menu item I've given you to show it.

2017-11-09_13-35-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I had a letterhead made in Word, and a scanned letter which would cause a full white page that is not transparent. I open the letterhead, and add the letter as the background. Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

goodmorning

i need to merge a 4 color file with black text as i can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we overlay using the free Adobe version

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines