• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Future of RoboHelp?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 03, 2008 Dec 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague of mine went to a localization conference and heard from some big software names out there that it sounded like development and support for RoboHelp was going to be dropped. I'm wondering if there's anything substantial to this rumor? Any of you heard anything?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared

Really? That sounds totally mad.

That would seem odd with Adobe putting lots of effort into RoboHelp as well as including it in their Technical Communication Suite.

My guess is that the source that made that announcement is either horribly misinformed or is wishing to cast a bad light on the future of RoboHelp. Possibly in an effort to bolster support for a competing tool.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This may be off-tangent but from my "newbie" understanding of the Tech Comm Suite, if I have my old RoboHelp 6 online help files, is the best and easiest way for me to update the online help files is to import the new files into RoboHelp 7 (from ATC)? Ideally, I wanted to take advantage of FrameMaker 8 and add FrameMaker files by reference into a new RH7 project, but appears that I lose some RoboHelp functionality, like image maps and DHTML effects like expanding hotspots and drop down hotspots. Can you confirm that I do lose this functionality?

Thanks,
FMnRH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask them to name who was pushing this nonsense and exactly what was said. It was the case when Macromedia were around but everyone knows that Adobe came along and COMPLETELY turned that around.

To quote Mark Twain, "The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"

Please let's not waste more time on this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Well, it seemed rather nonsensical to me as well. But my boss wanted me to find out, so that's why I asked you who are more in the know than I. Anyway, I talked some more with my colleague, and he said it came from a presenter from PTC (who develop among other software tools, a documentation tool called ArborText). Also, from what was said, it seemed that it was more an opinion than anything based on fact. Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2008 Dec 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jared, my name is RJ Jacquez and I’m a Senior Product Evangelist at Adobe for all products in the Technical Communication Suite, including RoboHelp, and I can assure you that RoboHelp has never been more alive than it is today, so there’s absolutely nothing to be concerned about, and as anyone would expect from a software company like Adobe, we are already hard at work on the next major release of RoboHelp, as well as all the other products in the Suite. It’s unfortunate that some vendors have to resort to spreading these rumors in order to highlight their products. Here at Adobe, we have excellent products and we let them do all the talking.

Sincerely,

RJ Jacquez
Adobe Technical Communication Suite
Adobe in Technical Communication Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the source was either trying to rubbish RH in favour of his own tool or was horribly out of date (as Peter suggested) and therefore not worth listening to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
RJ, Thanks for the information. That's good to know. And good to hear it from someone official.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp