• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VENDOR ID

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an IRiver ereader and purchased scores of books with them through W H Smith.  I've been able to transfer some from the SD card onto my new laptop but not all.  I cannot find WH Smith in the vendors to link to it.

Can anyone help, please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vendor ID its the ID which you used to authiorze the Device. No all eBook jobs give such a ID. As a rule, you use an Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered correct Adobe ID and password, I still couldn't access my eBooks. A message is popping up, which says "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again"

even though I entered the correct Adobe ID and password many times, this message is keep coming up. I don't know what's wrong, previously, I had no such problem. I could open eBooks very smoothly. I have purchased quite a few eBooks and put them inside the Adobe Digital Editions. How can I get access to those eBooks?

Can anyone help, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered correct Adobe ID and password, I still couldn't access my eBooks. A message is popping up, which says "The vendor account you entered is not associated with the item you are trying to open. Try again"

even though I entered the correct Adobe ID and password many times, this message is keep coming up. I don't know what's wrong, previously, I had no such problem. I could open eBooks very smoothly. I have purchased quite a few eBooks and put them inside the Adobe Digital Editions. How can I get access to those eBooks?

Can anyone help, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this (it worked for me):

1) In ADEditions, go to Help --> Erase Authorization

2) In ADEditions, go to Help --> Authorize [using Adobe ID]

3) Select Book(s) --> right click --> Remove from Library

4) Re-add book(s) (in case that you have an .acsm file with a link, open this file with ADEditions)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jiaz4251535  schrieb

Can anyone help, please?

You error message mean that the eBook linked with other authoizre. In this point can only help the reseller of the eBook. Ask your reseller if can check the eBook to found the right authoize or can give a new download without authiorze which can linked fine with your Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nanaky!

But I found your grammar of the sentence a bit troubling to understand. Do you mean that I need to contact the seller of the ebook to get a new copy of the book? For some of the ebooks, I have already reached the downloading limit, which means that I will not be able to download any new copies. I am quite busy at the moment, when I am less busy, I will try to contact the seller of the ebook to see whether I can get any copies. If not, are there any other ways to fix the problem? I have bought seven ebooks. I can't access any of them. It will be a great loss for me! There is another issue. I tried to fix the problem by myself by reading some of the earlier comments in this forum. I read that one way of fixing the problem was to delete the book, and then reauthorise it. That's exactly what I did afterwards, I deleted one of my purchased book, and tried to reauthorise with my Adobe ID and password, but it didn't work. In this way, I lost one of my ebook by deleting it. Anyway, this method didn't work either. Now how I can retrieve the deleted ebook? Thanks for your help! I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nanaky!

But I found your grammar of the sentence a bit troubling to understand. Do you mean that I need to contact the seller of the ebook to get a new copy of the book? For some of the ebooks, I have already reached the downloading limit, which means that I will not be able to download any new copies. I am quite busy at the moment, when I am less busy, I will try to contact the seller of the ebook to see whether I can get any copies. If not, are there any other ways to fix the problem? I have bought seven ebooks. I can't access any of them. It will be a great loss for me! There is another issue. I tried to fix the problem by myself by reading some of the earlier comments in this forum. I read that one way of fixing the problem was to delete the book, and then reauthorise it. That's exactly what I did afterwards, I deleted one of my purchased book, and tried to reauthorise with my Adobe ID and password, but it didn't work. In this way, I lost one of my ebook by deleting it. Anyway, this method didn't work either. Now how I can retrieve the deleted ebook? Thanks for your help! I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my English is so good. You can not change the Authoirze of the eBook. If you get no new download of the eBook its exist no possiblet to solved this issue. Therefore you should not work with different Adobe IDs and always authorize all devices before opening the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nanaky:

How can I retrieve my old Adobe IDs? I am not sure what was my Adobe ID and password. If I can find them, I will be able to authorise with that Adobe ID and password. If I can't find them, then do you mean that I will permanently not able to access those ebooks anymore? That will be a terrible thing to happen! I can't think of a worse thing. It will definitely prevent me from purchasing anymore ebooks forever and ever!

I am looking forward to hearing from you, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe ID ist the E-Mail-Adresse of his account. If You know the Mail-Adresse you can reset the password. If you not know the ID can ask the reseller if can check which adobe ID used for the eBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines