• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc crashing Internet connection

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to lightroom cc 2017 when I use it on my mac my Internet connection drops and I need to reboot my router I currently have sky fibre which has been great till I upgraded to LR cc 2017 anybody else experiencing this and are there any solutions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

"upload is freezing my internet on all other devices"

This is very typical for a standard type of router that doesn't do QoS on an asymmetric connection. Nothing wrong with that just that it isn't made to make sure to sustain good service for everybody else when one upload is hogging all bandwidth. Normally that is not a big deal but when you need to upload 100's of gigs it can be an issue. Routers that do QoS will ensure you other devices still get bandwidth even if one computer hogs the upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your internet connection drops and router needs to be rebooted you have a bad router/modem. You should not be able to cause that by anything on your local network. Looking at Sky fibre's webpage it appears that they only offer 1.2 Mbps in upload speed. So it is much slower than the download speed which is pretty typical for cable based internet. At that rate, a single raw file (say a 30MB raw file) upload takes 200 seconds, so it will take an incredibly long time get all your files up even if you are able to saturate your internet connection. If uploading anything for a while crashes your internet it typically means your modem is underpowered.

Are you sure you wanted to install Lightroom CC and not Lightroom Classic? Lightroom CC is a completely new program that Adobe just released that they very unfortunately named exactly the same as the Lightroom we know and love. They renamed Lightroom into Lightroom Classic and updated it at the same time. Many people are installing Lightroom CC thinking it is an upgrade from the previous Lightroom. It is NOT! It is a new app that stores all your images in the cloud and misses 90% of the features that the Lightroom you know had. If you don't want to wait a month for your images to upload, and want to use the features that Lightroom needs such as being able to print and much more, just use Lightroom Classic. The differences are explained here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I wanted to install Cc I was aware of the difference and had just upgraded my account. You are wrong about Sky my upload is over 10mbs. I have persevered and manged to sync all my pictures and it is working OK now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My router is in perfect working order but this upload is freezing my internet on all other devices. My upload is 10 Mbps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"upload is freezing my internet on all other devices"

This is very typical for a standard type of router that doesn't do QoS on an asymmetric connection. Nothing wrong with that just that it isn't made to make sure to sustain good service for everybody else when one upload is hogging all bandwidth. Normally that is not a big deal but when you need to upload 100's of gigs it can be an issue. Routers that do QoS will ensure you other devices still get bandwidth even if one computer hogs the upload.

"You are wrong about Sky my upload is over 10mbs"

That's great. When I answered before I had taken a quick look at their website and didn't see any plans with an upload over 9.5 mbps. That seems to be the very fastest that they offer in their special max package: "Sky Fibre Unlimited Plus – with download speeds of up to 52Mbps and upload speeds of up to 9.5Mbps.". Their normal plans are only 1.3 Mbps upload. This is the first link that comes up when I google sky fibre. Your provider could be a totally different Sky as that is a rather generic name of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines