• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

which laptop should I buy for video editing, Please help?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A seller sent this message to me:

Laptop

Hp 645 pro

Amd a6 /8/500

Vga up 4g

Laptop hp 8470 elitbook

I5/4/320/intel

Laptop 6475 probook

Amd a6/4/320/

Vga ati up 2.5

Hp 8460 elitbook

I5/4/320

Vga ati 1g up 3

Hp 8470 elitbook

I7/4/320

Vga ati 1g up 3

Please recommend one of those laptops?

I want to do video editing work from home..Which one allows me to work on Adobe premier and After effects comfortably!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to hardware forum for expert advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Bens I appreciate that move.

sorry I didn't notice that specialized corner. Many thanks.

I am still waiting for the recommendation from you and all experts here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of those laptops will be frustratingly and excruciatingly slow, I'm afraid. (As in they will take many, many minutes just to render even a few frames of video.) What's more, you need much more than 8GB of RAM and a much faster storage system just to even run the latest version of Premiere Pro, let alone the extremely hardware-intensive After Effects, well. Plus, as equipped none of those systems can run the later versions of Premiere Pro at all because it requires 8GB or more free, usable RAM just to even run at all. And the AMD A6 laptops have integrated on-CPU graphics that steal a portion of the installed RAM for themselves, leaving you with less than 8GB of free, usable RAM available at all to programs because the RAM that's used by the integrated graphics will then become completely unavailable to any software applications.

Randall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Randall's comments, even that last HP 8470 EliteBook with an i7 processor is only dual core and dates back to 2012, and the disk drives average performance was a lousy 85 MB/sec.  I found there were 21 models with the i7 but with the lack of specifics we could not check to see if the screen had enough resolution to run Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill Gehrke   Thanks a lot for the informative reply. Very helpful.

If I asked you once again, to recommend a laptop that I could use for video editing but I want you to consider that I cannot currently afford buying some expensive devices like mac book.

What devices a part from that are ok for the editing purpose???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shopping for an hour or more to try to find a configuration that I considered in your cost range.  For less than $!000

it just does not seem possible for a new unit,  Now for a refurbished unit there may be some possibilities .  The only problem there is I can really only find them in the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bill Gehrke I appreciate your time, thank you very much.

well, okay what are the possibilities available in the US.

Maybe I could ask a friend to buy it for me in the next few months

If possible please name them so I could ask about them ?!

and really many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a typical candidate that I found ASUS Gl502vt-bsi7n27 15.6"/i7/12GB/1TB - BLINQ

The only problem with this is it has  a lousy 1TB 5400 rpm drive.  If yu were to acquire one like this I would replace the hard drivw with an SSD and then for a second drive buy a Samsung T3 or T5 portable USB 3 SSD and you would be in great shape.  Slightly better than my 3-year old laptop

i7-6700HQ 4-core (8-threads) 2.6 GHz Tuirbo to 3.6 GHz

GTX 970M

12GB RAM (could be urgraded to 16GB)

1920 x 1080 display

I think it actually has internal room for a second SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I'm thankful ..

I'd never dare to choose these specifications .. Very helpful reply really.

Thank you @Bill Gehrke

now I know what I should be looking for.

I've always found here in : forums.Adobe.com , all the helpful answers ..

Thanks Experts .. Really many many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Randall :  Thanks a lot for the informative reply. Very helpful.

If I asked you once again, to recommend a laptop that I could use for video editing but I want you to consider that I cannot currently afford buying some expensive devices like mac book.

What devices a part from that are ok for the editing purpose???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell Inspiron 15 7560 is a great laptop for beginners who are looking for a laptop for the purpose of video editing. It has Windows 10 with 8 or 16GB of RAM, 1TB SATA, and Nvidia GT 940 MX 2 GB or 4 GB. The display bezels are quite thin making it a great laptop providing an immersive experience. Dell Support Number +44-800-046-5288 is always up and running for any trouble related to dell products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a very good choice, either, largely because its CPU, despite being branded i7, has only two physical CPU cores. And no dual-core CPU, even with hyperthreading, performs as well as even a mediocre quad-core non-hyperthreadable Intel CPU that's three generations older.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines