• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

multiple photo edit settings missing

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can paste edit settings to single photo. But selecting multiple photos and applying edit settings/presets is not possible! If that is the case why should any one use lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnd,

Which version of Lightroom are you using?

Do you get any error message while editing multiple images or the changes just do not appear?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnd and Akash,

I am having the same question/issue, but first let me start with the intended workflow that I used to follow in Lightroom 6.

After importing new images I usually applied some default adjustments to all images like lens correction, chromatic aberration reduction, auto tone, white balance etc.

How is this supposed to work in the new Lightroom CC for desktop (Mac/Windows)? .. for mobile (iPhone/iPad)?

On desktop I can select multiple images. Then clicking on the edit options will apply any setting changes only to the currently active image and not all selected ones. As Akash was asking I do not get any error messages. Changes are only applied to the currently active image that is displayed in large above the film strip. Using Lightroom CC-Version: 1.0 [ 20170919-1412-ccb76bd ] (Sep 19 2017) on MacOS 10.13.1

By the way ... after having selected all images (e.g. within one album) it is not possible to get back to selecting just a single image. Selection appears to be still active for all images although I have single (left mouse) clicked on just one image without holding down any option/control key. As workaround I can switch to another album and then back to the original one to be able to select just one image.

On iOS I already fail in selecting multiple images. So I mean I have no clue on how to do this. Using Lightroom for iPad v3.0.0 317C4C.

Do I miss something?

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Holger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holger, it appears you too got bitten by the very unfortunate name change. Lightroom CC is a completely new program that is not related to what used to be called Lightroom CC 2015. The proper Lightroom was renamed to Lightroom Classic and if you install that you will see that you can still apply edits to multiple images and sync develop settings over many images. Lightroom CC is basically a port of Lightroom mobile to the dektop and it misses 90% of the features in Lightroom Classic. It does have the neat feature that all your images are stored in the cloud but that comes at a major cost. Lightroom Classic is what you know and love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao, no worries. Naming and differences are clear. So essentially you are saying that editing multiple photos at once is not possible. Neither with Lightroom CC for Desktop nor for Mobile, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an old computer with Photoshop 5.5 and Bridge. Unfortunately I have a new camera and it cannot read the Raw files from it. I had to get Lightroom Classic. With the Adobe Camera Raw on my 2012 computer I can easily select several images, change a few sliders and edit all of the selected ones, and then change different sliders on each image. There was none of this presets and junk. If I have a certain look I'm going for each and every time, sure, a preset is useful. But I don't have time to attempt guessing what little amount of exposure increase I'll need for a set of six pictures and making a preset for that. Why is the old program better than the new one? Why can I select multiple images in Lightroom Classic from the filmstrip, but when I start to edit it only edits one of them? I essentially can only edit each image individually. This is terrible Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines