• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I share an album in Lr CC and have that recipient open in their Lr CC?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do I share an album in Lr CC and have that recipient open in their Lr CC? It seems to open on the web on their end but not adding to their shared within their Lr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't.

The web method is the way to share pictures with someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its as John says not possible without actualy sharing your account with the other party. i.e you will have to provide them with the details of your account including your user name and password to login with a mobile device. Then they will have free access to view, edit and share your photo albums which you have synced to the Adobe Creative Cloud.

Is this what you wish to do???

To wit you have one user account and storage and you can have 2 computers desktop/laptop, and multiple mobile devices e.g iPhone, iPad logon to the account. Any edit change or additions, deletions will be reflected in all synced devices.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your replies! I was hoping to share an album with a friend and they have that album as shared. seems like adobe should make this work as it would bring them more users and payers

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You used to be able to do something similar in Adobe Revel which was kind of LrCC’s simpler forerunner.

i added a feature request if you want to vote for it.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/multiple-collaborative-catalogs-libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still share albums.

Right click on the album name and select share album.

It will generate a URL that you can safely share.

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 1.06.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing this info Brad. "Right Click" always a good option to check for "whats available"

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real sharing within the app would be an awesome feature that might make Lightroom CC worthwhile. The web galleries are simple and quick but actual sharing like Apple does in its photos app would be much awesome and useful for collaboration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe you would have that with the Creative Cloud For Teams subscription. But since the regular CC subscription is single user only and tied to your Adobe ID I don't think you would see that happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines