Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC crashes on saving an image from Nik Color Efex Pro4

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As from yesterday Photoshop CC crashes on saving from NIK, this has never happened before. I have not updated to Photoshop Classic as yet,

I wanted to update my MacBook Pro laptop to Sierra High first which I did 6 days ago and Nik was working ok until yesterday

I can open the image from Lightroom into Nik and back ok just not PShop

Any thoughts??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For High Sierra, in each of the Nik plugins except HDR Efex, go to the Settings>After Clicking OK and change it to apply the filtered effect to the current layer.

cs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for this information, I would have never have found this on my own.

Two more questions:

Do you know if we will be able to use NIK until the 'purchase' version in mid 2018?

I am about to update Photoshop and Lightroom to 'CLASSIC'.

Will I still need to do the above instructions for NIK after this update?

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still works in Lightroom Classic same as the previous Lightroom version, but for photoshop cc 2018, one still has to do the workaround as above.

Hard to say how long Nik will remain usable, but it should last for awhile unless there are major changes in photoshop or macOS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Jeff for your knowledge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing crashes on saving edits with all the NIk plugins since updating to High Sierra...I found that running the plugin from the NIK selective tool dialog works AND you can save to a separate layer. Hope this helps!Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 4.16.03 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue seemed to right itself after following Jeffs response,  but thanks for reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines