• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 / Lightroom CC

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not talking about about two subscriptions under two different Adobe IDs. As of late October 2017:

Under one Adobe ID (#1) I own a perpetual license to Lightroom 6.

Under another Adobe ID (#2) I have my full CC subscription.

With all of the programs I am fine with the new CC applications, except for Lightroom. I use them, and I pay as I go. If I ever take a year off, or retire, or whatever, not big deal. I got the use of the programs as I paid for them.

Lightroom is different. With Lightroom we are building archives of all of our photography, our life's work. If I stop my subscription at some point in the future, I don't want to be cut off from my photography, from my thousands of hours of archival corrections and ratings.

Lightroom has a different purpose. It's a different animal. So I want to use all of the CC apps except for Lightroom. For Lightroom, I want to continue using Lightroom 6.

So I am legally paying for and have the right to both my CC subscription apps, and to my perpetual licensed Lightroom 6 app.

The problem is that since the Oct 2017 introduction of Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC (the new online version), every time that I sign out of my Adobe ID #1 (Perpetual) and into my Adobe ID #2 (Subscription), Adobe Creative Cloud replaces my Lightroom 6 with the new Lightroom Classic CC.

Not during the Update process in the menu (which has a checkbox for "Leave previous versions in place").

It replaces and deletes Lightroom 6 simple just by signing in. Every single time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?