Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC crashes on a Mac

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC on a Mac running MAC IOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Seems to crash regularly, Sometimes just after startup, other times on trying to save a file. Inconsistent crashes but regular.

What Can I do

Al

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teddy,

As the application crashing, please try the troubleshooting steps provided here Troubleshoot Mac OS 10.x system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, try to recreate the preferences of the application.

You may take help from the steps provided in this document: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If that does not help, please let us know the dot version of the Adobe Acrobat DC installed on your system.

Refer this steps here Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC to check the version number.

Let us know if you have any question or need any help.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem with Mojave. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat. It would also happen with Acrobat Reader. The folders/files mentioned in the article for resetting preferences do not exist on my system...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The lack of support from Adobe on this issue has driven to just use Preview on my Mac when i need to read a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Al,

Unfortunately, Adobe still doesn't support Acrobat Pro DC on High Sierra.

I have been watching the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Acrobat Standard DC system requirements​ page closely.

As far as I am aware, Adobe has not announced that they are working on this. Surely, they must be working on it or they risk permanently losing a considerable amount of customers. However, you know that something is wrong at Adobe headquarters when their staff refer you to a general troubleshooting page instead of informing you of the compatibility issue.

There have been some harsh criticism on this forum of people that have made the update to High Sierra prior to checking for Adobe support. Hopefully by now those people have had a reality check. Adobe has an important lesson to learn from this macOS update.

If Acrobat Pro DC is critical to your operations, then you will have to install it on a different system or roll back the update somehow.

I'm sorry you're having these software issues, but thank you for voicing them on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and Acrobat DC is now officially compatible with the Mac OS High Sierra.

Please try to update the application to the latest patch released.

To get more information on recent updates, you may refer the help document Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

Let us know if you experience any issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines