• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch?

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will we ever see a Smudge/Sponge effect in Sketch? The only thing really missing....

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Casten,

We get this request from time-to-time; I'll definitely pass it along to the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Casten,

We get this request from time-to-time; I'll definitely pass it along to the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes please, it's the most important thing unmissing in a drawing app. Too much time to colour with many and different layer of tone to shade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to pop in with my "I second that motion!".  I am having a hard time getting Sketch to blend or smudge things;  I do that a lot on regular pencil on paper sketching. Maybe there is a way to do it and I am just missing something obvious (which I tend to do often...). Anyway, it would a welcome addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PapaJon,

There is currently not a smudge tool in Sketch but it's been a popular request lately. I'll be sure to mention it to the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting about it.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Can't happen quick enough. The lack of smudge is the only reason I still use Procreate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DeBo,

I'll definitely pass that information along to the team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months later and still no smudge? What gives, Sue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dresign,

Which is exactly why I never make promises.  

Because, the thing is, I can share requests and comments with the team, but the decisions about when and whether to incorporate new features and new tools into the app are, well, not mine. Some features take time to add in and others don't make it all.  I know this much... the teams consider all of the requests that I bring to their attention.

Thanks for taking the time to post; the request hasn't been forgotten.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Sue.  Smudge is a powerful tool in Procreate and is missing on sketch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joan.

I'll add your post to my list.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll get procreate! Thank you 🙏🏼 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four years later and still no smudge 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chloe.

Unfortunately, since beginning development for Adobe Fresco, we are no longer actively developing Draw and Sketch  (on Android or iOS) so we will not be adding new features or functions to any of those applications.

I'm sorry.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2016 Sep 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly agree about the

ack of smudge tool. I bought an iPad Pro and apple pencI'll a few weeks ago, and downloaded various drawing apps. I keep trying to use adobe sketch but invariably get frustrated with no way to smudge I give up and use Procreate instead.  Definitely a much desired tool.

Fiona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fiona.

I don't know what the plan is for adding a smudge tool to the app, but I'll definitely be sharing all these comments with the Sketch team.

Thanks for posting about it. More is always better.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my request to the pile for adding a smudge tool to the app.  So many of the tools are terrific right now but having the ability to smudge a pencil drawing or smooth out a hard edge with out erasing the quality of the stroke would be a great tool to have, and is something that is keeping me from using this app more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Christopher.

Consider it added (I got a couple of others this week).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add me as a vote for smudge (and dodge/burn too!) and thank you Sue for giving us a voice for the team to consider this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting Kurt.

Your vote is added to my list.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote as well 😃 smudge or blend tool is necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi (again) Spirit.

Well, I'm not sure when, but I finally got confirmation that some sort of smudge/blend tool is coming to Sketch.

All the requests worked! Thanks for posting.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That is great news as the lack of a tool to blend colours is the main reason I use other drawing apps.

When you develop the tool please don't just make it a blur tool. Artists want to be able to create subtle transitions between colours and also to have hard edges and soft edges when using the watercolour brush.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add me to this list.   Add Smudge.  !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'd also love to see some blending tools, however I thought I'd post my tenuous hack around this. Using a colour that is a shade of what I want the blended area to eventually look like (and I use the sample tool to pick it), I go over that area with the smudge brush set at an opacity of around 10 or 20%, and I angle my pencil too as if shading.

Just thought I'd share.

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines