• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.apk Video issue

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. I created a project in Animate CC and published it as an .apk. I uploaded the project to the tablet and everything runs perfectly fine except my video file.

I have tried formatting the video to mkv, mov, and mp4, but when the page loads on the tablet, it's just blank, even though it runs fine in the exported .swf file.

Can someone please advise?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

If you're making APK or iOS IPA, and using video, it wouldn't make sense to use embedded video, unless you are doing frame accurate overlay of animation. If you are, the you should use FLV as the video type.

If you're just playing video, then external file H.264, using StageVideo, will perform well and look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using FLVPlayboack, that doesn't play H.264 on mobile. The best option is StageVideo, which gives good quality and good performance:

Getting started with Stage Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your response. I looked into the StageVideo options and it turns out that videos formatted in this way cannot be embedded into swf files.

I had an idea earlier to format loads of different version of my video file and put them all on the same frame in Animate. Then when it was published as an app, I could see if any of them worked. Unfortunately not one video worked, but the soundtrack seems to playing in the background?

Also worth noting, that if I drag the video file over to my app and play it, it runs fine, but as soon as it's packaged in the apk it's gone again?

Don't suppose you have any other ideas do you?

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're making APK or iOS IPA, and using video, it wouldn't make sense to use embedded video, unless you are doing frame accurate overlay of animation. If you are, the you should use FLV as the video type.

If you're just playing video, then external file H.264, using StageVideo, will perform well and look good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines