• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning on rubylith overlay changes foreground colour

Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS 2018 on Windows 10 Pro turning on the masking red rubylith overlay changes foreground colour to the background colour. This happens randomly though very often.

Can anyone help fix this. It's really slowing down our studio to have to stop and check the brush colour and switch it back all the time.

Brett

<email removed for security reasons>

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  CC 2018 running on windows 10 and I have not seen this behavior yet.

What I can recommend is a Preferences reset and this is very easy to do. It's the go-to for sudden glitches.

Another thing common to windows is graphics card/driver problems. You also go into Preferences > Performance and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" to see if the problem goes away. It's a troubleshooting step and unfortunately disables GPU enhancements. You can dial down GPU performance to "Normal" or "Basic" in the Advanced GPU settings in Photoshop, as well as visiting the GPU Maker's site for updates to your GPU card's drivers in hopes of resolving the problem.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worse comes to worse, reinstall CC 2017 and await bugfix releases to CC 2018. There has been many documented problems and hopefully Adobe can address them in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard of this either. At first I thought that the mask might have been getting selected, which would change the foreground and background colors, depending upon what was selected, but not as novice users, I would assume you would have noticed that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing like this ever happened on my Mac or PC versions of CC 2018, Chuck. Use CC 2017 to get the work done and troubleshoot CC 2018 later.

A lot of odd keyboard stuff on the Windows side, but not on the Mac side. Alt + Delete (Mac's Backspace) works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since upgrading to PS 2018 we've found at least 7-8 bugs. And about as many in LR Classic CC. No solutions from Adobe so far.

The shortcut for changing active layers, alt + ]  and the shortcut to add a layer mask, shift + F8 for me, are also randomly not working. Anyone having these problems?

Corporate photographer based in Calgary, Canada and Oviedo, Spain. Making portraits, architectural, industrial and advertising photography for national and global brands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines