• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not recognizing my raw files

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just purchased the 5D MARK IV. I am a professional photographer and shoot in Raw files. I went to upload my photos and neither lightroom nor photoshop is allowing me to. I read on your page about pre processing? However, the directions provided, I don't understand. How & where do i open the dual pixel raw cry file in canon digital photo professional? How do i adjust the image using dual pixel raw optimizer? Is there a video to show me how to do these steps or is there someone who can walk me through this. Thank you so much! These are very important photos. I can't bare to lose them. I need to know how to access them and transfer them to edit and transfer to jpeg.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

The 5D IV requires minimum ACR version 9.7, or Lightroom 2015.7 / 6.7. This is standard raw file support like that of any other camera.

However: "Adobe Camera Raw and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom offer standard support for all Canon 5D Mark IV CR2 files. Please note that Canon’s Digital Photo Professional software is required for users that want to take advantage of Canon’s new Dual Pixel raw adjustments."

What that means is using Canon's DPP software to produce a TIFF first, and this TIFF can be adjusted in ACR/Lightroom.

IOW, ACR/Lr do not support dual pixel raw at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines